Oh by the way, UT 2003 was fun for 1 month.....

Discussion in 'Games' started by couch potato, Feb 9, 2003.

1. couch potato macrumors regular

I bought it a while back on my PC, excited. I had been a real fan of the first. Well, im just warning you guys that its not as fun as you think. they spent a loong time on the graphics, which will slow down a lot for you. The gameplay, is mediocre, if not less. Domination is 2 points now, not 3. No more assault, just bombing run. bombing run, by the way, is really really fun. everything else gets old in a month, at least for me.

oh, btw, i never play it anymore

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

3. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

arggg i so still want that game, drool huge gameranger games ooooohhhh....

4. 3777 macrumors 6502

Re: Oh by the way, UT 2003 was fun for 1 month.....

That's funny, after the first month Epic released a series of patches that fixed most of the gameplay issues, and with some great 3rd party maps and the DE Bonus pack I'm having more fun now then I ever had in the first month with the game. :confused:

5. Das macrumors regular

The game was fun, but it was completely shallow. Pretty, but shallow. I guess I was expecting more from all of the hype (not to mention the ever forthcoming demo). If you liked UT, you are going to love it because it is fast and the visuals are tight. Anyone looking for vastly improved gameplay should probably go hassle EA to release BF 1942 for the mac, because UT2k3 aint the place.

When this game does ship, I hope they include the new patch from Epic with new announcer voices.

6. job macrumors 68040

job

Was there really that much to change in the gameplay from the original?

I liked the gameplay of UT anyways, so I guess "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage still holds true.

7. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

Re: Oh by the way, UT 2003 was fun for 1 month.....

I'll buy the original CD's from you.

8. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

www.xlr8yourmac.com posted links to several reviews of unreal II today. from the looks of it, the gameplay on that one is lacking too, which is a shame. i'm about as shallow as it comes when you're talking about fps (point and shoot is about as complicated a game as i can understand), but even thick-skulled people like me want a little variety. i'm sure that game companies are just letting modders do all of the gameplay work, which is kind of disapointing.

9. Das macrumors regular

Yup, and if you like less cerebral games, this is the King. If it ain't broke, make 300 variants saturating the market then release #301 with the prettiest graphics engine to grace a monitor.

10. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

But I will still buy it when it comes to Mac.

11. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

LOL. All you guys talking about crappy gameplay from UT crack me up. What's to knock? Holy guacamole on a bloody stick, Batman! You run, you shoot, you kill. Any questions?

Sorry to be a dick, but I've played UT for YEARS now and I never get sick of it. The gameplay is wonderful. All the running/shooting/killing just brings tears to my eyes.

Simply,

mangoman

12. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

LOL I couldn't have said it better myself. (But I get tears when I have been playing for hours, and it is getting really intense, and I forget to blink. ) :)

13. job macrumors 68040

job

We've always got Deus Ex for that "thinking" thing. ;)

14. Das macrumors regular

Well, unless you take my route which is shoot the crapple out of anything that moves. =D

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: Re: Oh by the way, UT 2003 was fun for 1 month.....

Hey I get first dibs.