oh crap, what happened to the music in my itunes music folder???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vonwrinkleton, Mar 18, 2007.

1. vonwrinkleton macrumors newbie

hello all, I would REALLY appreciate some help with this one....:confused:
    ...a few months ago I bought an external HD to manage my itunes music (my iBook hard drive was almost full) and all was fine until I started screwing around with stuff today. I had downloaded some mp3s and noticed when I was looking at my library these new songs were the only ones showing up-not my 5 or 6 GB of other music...so i figured i'd try to integrate everything by adding the new songs into the itunes music folder on my external HD-well, I thought I had done this successfully-closed everything up....but NOW all that stuff is GONE when I click to view the contents of my external HD-I've tried a "find file"search on indidual artists but no dice. I'm not a complete idiot (at least I hope!)-I didn't put this stuff in the trash or anything or delete it. What's going on??? 6GB of music gone!!!!?????
    :eek: :eek: HELP!!!!:eek: :eek:

2. shawsinio macrumors regular

Hmm, thats pretty weird, I'm not too sure whats gone on there. If you have the music on an iPod you could use a program like senuti to transfer the songs back onto your computer if you really have lost them...

3. bored911 macrumors 6502

bored911

^agreed. but be careful, if you have your computer to autosync, turn it off!! otherwise you will lose your songs for good. this happened to me. Good luck!