Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vonwrinkleton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
hello all, I would REALLY appreciate some help with this one....:confused:
...a few months ago I bought an external HD to manage my itunes music (my iBook hard drive was almost full) and all was fine until I started screwing around with stuff today. I had downloaded some mp3s and noticed when I was looking at my library these new songs were the only ones showing up-not my 5 or 6 GB of other music...so i figured i'd try to integrate everything by adding the new songs into the itunes music folder on my external HD-well, I thought I had done this successfully-closed everything up....but NOW all that stuff is GONE when I click to view the contents of my external HD-I've tried a "find file"search on indidual artists but no dice. I'm not a complete idiot (at least I hope!)-I didn't put this stuff in the trash or anything or delete it. What's going on??? 6GB of music gone!!!!?????
:eek: :eek: HELP!!!!:eek: :eek:

shawsinio

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
UK
Hmm, thats pretty weird, I'm not too sure whats gone on there. If you have the music on an iPod you could use a program like senuti to transfer the songs back onto your computer if you really have lost them...

bored911

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
^agreed. but be careful, if you have your computer to autosync, turn it off!! otherwise you will lose your songs for good. this happened to me. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.