Oh Dear god....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Lukiebaggs, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Lukiebaggs macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2005
    Imagine if this happened at the next apple keynote.

Sorry the quality is bad but my alternate universe time travel cam isnt so good.
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

I think it's awesome because of the horrible chop 'n' shop! :)

but I think it's TERRIFYING because ... oy!
  3. Lukiebaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2005
    well you know.. i was striving for realism.. took about 6 weeks constant work with no sleep.

4. zach macrumors 65816

Feb 14, 2003
  5. MattG macrumors 68040

May 27, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    I love how Steve appears to be hanging his head in shame...
  6. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    The 4th transition should really just the Apple logo with '98% marketshare' written underneath.
  7. Lukiebaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2005
    Yeh I was trying to make Steve look like he was escaping the wrath of the audience.

lol 98% now that would be cool.

But being 98% would lead to so many more virus's etc. I'd like apple to reach somewhere between 20 - 30% - its nice,, its safe - its comfortable. But your still not the biggest - therefore you get attacked less and your less of a target...

just look at the ipod - its 70% - and all everyone does is attack it... "Have you heard about the Battaries not to mention the scratchs on the Nanos?"
    "Aparently the new ipods explode the first time you turn them on and when you call up apple all you get is a spokesperson laughing down the phone at you" etc etc

being on top isnt all that much fun when you think about it.
  8. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2005
    Ontario, CA

i think many of us here would agree that market share has nothing to do with the vulnerability of the operating system.
  9. Lukiebaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2005
    I think despite how secure Mac Os 10.4 is Alot of the security comes with only being 4% of the marketshare. Its Naive to think that is Apple was as common place as windows it would be exactly as secure.

Take into account that if that were to happen there would literally be tens of thousands of hackers and techy geeks around the world - who now are native to mac os. - Far Far more then currently - these are the people who write spy ware for windows etc - and now becasue apple has a sizable market share (say 20% + ) - they would start to consider apple a worth while target.

Its extreemly Naive to think the Apple is totally invunderable and our present security situation has absolutly nothing to do with our market share.
  10. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    But if you look closely, you can see a smirk on his face... its more like bill makes the announcement and walks off... and steve continues on with his "one more thing" ... "Just Kidding"