oh geezus...fonts...bitmap...osx...ugh...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jvaska, Oct 1, 2002.

1. jvaska macrumors 6502

my fonts in osx (10.1.5) are bitmapping...the preinstalled fonts are just fine...

everything else...isn't working...i've installed them with suitcase...i've also installed some directly into the system/library/fonts folder...same results...

anybody experience this problem and know a way to fix it?

helpppppppp...jv

ps: upgrading to jaguar is not an issue...even people with jaguar are having the same problem...

2. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

i wish that silk would work then...because it doesn't...jv

3. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Does this happen in classic apps? everywhere? Did you break the suitcase/postscript files apart? If you only have the suitcase files, they might be referring to postscript printer files that are missing. Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, InDesign all rely on these supporting fonts to draw paths so that the fonts look smooth at any zoom rate an that they print right.

4. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

hey zara...

it does not happen with classic apps. only os x apps (freehand, photoshop, fireworks, etc)...i haven't done anything to the fonts...i only copied them over from my os9 drive to my osx drive...then tried to start loading the via suitcase and later in the system/library/fonts folder directly...

geezus...would it help if i installed some print drivers? didn't think of this till now...i'm working in europe so i don't even use a printer at the moment...i just pdf everything and send it off...

guess i'll try that...jv

5. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Are these TrueType, PS, OpenType?

There is a chance that if these are older fonts they have been corrupted (you loaded them one time, the computer crashed, there were font conflicts, etc). Try to install the same fonts on a different system, where you know that there is no font issue. If they load, it's your system/apps. If they don't work, you got yourself some corrupted fonts my friend.

7. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

postscript...adobe...emigre...hoefler...fontshop...you think 9,000 fonts were corrupted? i haven't tried them all...but i've tried plenty...

if there were corrupted i'm sending Apple an invoice to have them replaced...jv

ps: they still work just find in OS9