oh, lexmark.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by haleyvan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. haleyvan macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2006
    a little bit of a rant, but what really cooks my proverbial goose is the fact that lexmark printers cost the same as their cartridges which are sold half full. might as well buy a new printer everytime your ink runs out. RIDICULOUS!
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    My parents actually did this. They spotted a dirt-cheap deal on a Lexmark printer and pulled the ink out of it for the Lexmark they already owned. The spare printer is still sitting in their basement.
  3. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Aug 27, 2003
    Sad to say, but that's how printers are. They make money off the ink/toner/whatever goes in those dark black boxes.
  4. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Sep 8, 2006
    get a laser thats what in going to do
    my hp comes with 5ml cartridges 5ml ! thats a teaspoon for 35-40 dollars a pop
  5. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2005
    London, UK
    Definitely agree...it's horrible. Best thing is just grab a refill kit and get a bit inky doing the refill.

But your thread's title just made me crack up...too funny the way I imagined how "oh, lexmark." is said.
  6. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I finally just got a laser printer for documents and leave the ip4400 for images.

It IS ridiculous. I used to just throw away the printer and buy a new one .
  7. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Ha ha. Yeah its crazy. I have a Lexmark laser and a Lexmark all-in-one inkjet thingo. The laser is all right but the cartridge costs over $100AUD. I saw the printer (E220) for sale for $50AUD not long ago!

The inkjet thing runs out of ink ridicously quickly. Are gremlins in my printer siphoning the ink?

And there are no drivers. Well there is a driver for the E220 but it won't let me do duplex printing. The all-in-one has no drivers for mac!

never buying lexmark again! Fie on lexmark!