iPad Oh! Look at the keyboard I'm getting!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Geekbabe, Dec 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

2. macrumors 6502

I hate your Santa since the same one is not visiting my house.

Congrats on the gift, I will await your review here in case my Santa sends cash my way.

3. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Congrats. I use the Apple wireless keyboard set up if I'm engaging in a heavy-text/type session on the iPad:

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 65816

I like that, I took my Mini with me and sort of got annoyed typing on the screen when in the hotel. I don't mind it, just I thought it would be better if I brought a keyboard instead.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of leaving my MBA either at the hotel or not bringing it all. I'll have to see how easy it is to use the Blogsy app with the keyboard to get fresh content onto my site.I'm hoping this solution will work well as it'll greatly reduce the load i need to carry with me :)

6. macrumors 65816

I had a MBAir, and it was nice I just can't justify why have a laptop when I have an iPad.

The laptop will only get used like one week out of the month if that.

I'm looking for a keyboard, maybe one of the flimsy roll up ones.

7. macrumors member

typing on one right now :) I doubt you'll be disappointed. I intend to post a couple review/comparison videos tomorrow of some of the zagg bluetooth keyboard cases.

8. macrumors member

tomaseriksson

is that the twelvesouth Compass stand? If so, is it worth the money?

9. macrumors regular

xDKP

Would be appreciated a lot... Have been looking a lot on the Zagg ZAGGkeys ProPlus - looks awesome and looks to be very good build quality and keyboard as well... Had a look at this one comparing the Logitech and the Zagg:

http://isource.com/2012/10/14/revie...uetooth-keyboard-for-the-ipad-2-and-new-ipad/

10. Geekbabe, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502

The keyboard just arrived! My initial impressions are very favorable, Zagg paired right up with the ipad, the keyboard is nice, excellent, responsive keys with nice return. love the special functon keys. The backlighting is slick! The viewing angle on this is nice, also like how stable the unit feels

11. macrumors 65816

I want a keyboard so bad, just can decide on what to get for the Mini.

I'm just waiting for someone to copy the Surface cover and make a smart cover/keyboard. I'd be the first customer in line!

12. macrumors 6502a

I recently purchased the ZAGGkeys PROplus and I am loving it. Great keyboard, stable, excellent backlight. Highly suggested.

I am in the process of selling my 11" MBA as I purchased a 13" rMBP. So the iPad/keyboard will be my go-to when I need extra portability and I will have some more power with the MBP for when I need it.

13. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchase :) Have fun at the Consumer Electronic Show!

14. macrumors member

oh yeah I saw that one too. sorry I haven't posted yet - been caught up in all the holiday hullabaloo. I've done the filming but haven't finished editing it down. It's like 20 mins...

15. macrumors newbie

16. macrumors 65816

I guess the pictures on the Zagg website aren't any good?

17. macrumors member

Wow that looks really nice. Love the back lit.

18. macrumors newbie

Found a picture of the Zagg keyboard case. I'm thinking of getting an iPad Mini with a keyboard case myself. I have a 1st generation iPad (dinosaur!) with Apple's bluetooth keyboard. It's fine, but the buttons keep popping out. I have now 'up' arrow key anymore. Having it in a case would be better I think.

Image source: http://www.squidoo.com/best-ipad-mini-keyboard-cases

Attached Files:

19. Geekbabe, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012

thread starter macrumors 6502

20. macrumors 6502

21. macrumors regular

Dgail

Zagg Pro Plus

I do wish they would make this in a size for the mini too. I have chosen this over the Logitech Ultrathin for my ipad 2 and use it with my mini, but would be nice to have one sized for the mini.

I am sure you will enjoy yours!

22. macrumors member

I believe there is one in the works somewhere on kick starter. Have you used the surface keyboard? It's awful. I tried one in staples for a while and after testing out multiple zaggs and the Logitech it's almost unusable.

23. macrumors 65816

The one on kick starter is quiet ugly.

What's wrong with the surface one?

24. macrumors regular

xDKP

Any updates from the happy owners? Have any of you tried this with a clear back-protecter of some sort?

25. macrumors member

The one without physical keys isn't very responsive and what I type often doesnt register. It's awful. On the zaggs & Logitech my typing was barely diminished with almost no adaption curve.

The surface type cover wasn't bad but seemed flimsy in comparison to others I've tried and the keys are way too close together.

----------

Zagg informed me that it's compatible with an invisishield. I assume any thin back skin would work