Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
The one without physical keys isn't very responsive and what I type often doesnt register. It's awful. On the zaggs & Logitech my typing was barely diminished with almost no adaption curve.

The surface type cover wasn't bad but seemed flimsy in comparison to others I've tried and the keys are way too close together.

I'm not really looking for a case, what would you recommend just to carry? Like I said early I was thinking of the roll up keyboard

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Any updates from the happy owners? Have any of you tried this with a clear back-protecter of some sort?

the Profolio + is a full case with keyboard, the back is protected quite nicely.

Another plus to this solution is that you can wipe the case down easily. I work in a hospital, love being able to clean the case with disinfectant wipes.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
the Profolio + is a full case with keyboard, the back is protected quite nicely.

Another plus to this solution is that you can wipe the case down easily. I work in a hospital, love being able to clean the case with disinfectant wipes.

More a fan of the ZaggKeys Pro Plus in terms of look... I don't need it all the time so would be easier to drop off as well...

Tazzydnc

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
I'm not really looking for a case, what would you recommend just to carry? Like I said early I was thinking of the roll up keyboard

Oic. I suppose that depends on what size you're looking for. There's a well reviewed solar bluetooth keyboard by logitech tailored for apple products. Also a keyboard that folds in half on amazon. I'm much more familiar with keyboard cases sorry :-/

Misc Energy

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
That's a nice setup. Zagg's keyboard has back lit keys also right? I was thinking about getting the same keyboard but went with another brand. I might have made a mistake :rolleyes:.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
New ClamCase

Just read about the new Clamcase MBA-style case - looks pretty cool and with good protection for the iPad as well

http://clamcase.com/bluetooth-ipad-keyboard-case.html

Clamcasepro-full-size-keyboard.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Itzdina

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Ok so I bought both the zagg and Logitech ultra and retuned them both pronto after a days use.

Flaws in both: both are compressed keyboards and as a serious typer I can't deal with it.

Logitech has a very cheap plastic hinge

I'm currently using the apple Bluetooth keyboard proper size and incase origami stand.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Ok so I bought both the zagg and Logitech ultra and retuned them both pronto after a days use.

Flaws in both: both are compressed keyboards and as a serious typer I can't deal with it.

Logitech has a very cheap plastic hinge

I'm currently using the apple Bluetooth keyboard proper size and incase origami stand.

Wow - okay never expected a full-size experience since it isn't, but too flawed? What Zagg did you use?

Itzdina

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Wow - okay never expected a full-size experience since it isn't, but too flawed? What Zagg did you use?

If you type a lot I urge you to try out the keyboard before buying. It's a netbook sized keyboard.

I bought the zagg folio not the one OP has but same sized keyboards.

There is noting wrong with the zagg if you can tolerate the keyboard size.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
If you type a lot I urge you to try out the keyboard before buying. It's a netbook sized keyboard.

I bought the zagg folio not the one OP has but same sized keyboards.

There is noting wrong with the zagg if you can tolerate the keyboard size.

Okay see what you mean... I won't be a road warrior with my iPad, as a lot of my work unfortunately requires my Lenovo laptop - we do have a citrix access to our environment though, so could leave my laptop at home when travelling with work a lot of the time and just use the iPad, but the on screen keyboard is not quite enough (quite fast, but takes up a lot of screen real estate and think even though it's not full size, I would be okay fast on a Zagg or the new Clamcase... Would need to give it a go though :)

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Brand spanking new product, so should be in Europe soon. The old model has been here a while - Amazon UK as well

jwilson813

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
zagg folio keyboard

I just got a zagg folio keyboard (not the lighted keyboard) for y iPad 4th gen. I just received the keyboard today and so far I love it. I got a refurb from All4Cellular for $38 (used a discount code). I didn't want to spend a lot of $ so I went with the refurb.

My question(s) is do you still have to use the touchscreen to scroll and select email, etc. I guess since there is no mouse that would be the only way to do it.

Thanks for your help.

jwilson813

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.