Oh my GOD.... HDDVD

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Benjamindaines, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I just popped in a DVD movie and it made me sit through a 15 minute HDDVD advert, I was ready to throw the TV out the window by the time it was over! It was BRUTAL, went into TONS of details that no one cares about (how you can book mark scenes, download special features onto the player, etc). Microsoft REALLY needs to learn how to make an advert.

//Rant

2. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Wow, that would be brutal. I can't believe they would put a 15 advert about HD-DVD on before a movie. Good luck with that TV. :p

3. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

That sounds terrible. iTunes movies are looking better and better every day.

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Funny how your initials are BD - which is also short for Blu-Ray Disc :p I had to stop and look as it appeard as though a Blu-Ray fan was slamming HD-DVD. From what I've heard (aside from the adverts) they're both incredible. I've got Blu-Ray and my buddy has HD-DVD. We're both floored with the picture (and sound) quality :D

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Haha, yeah I've heard that the quality on both is amazing (mostly from Diggnation, they say that HDDVD actually looks better but I have yet to see either in person).