Oh no I think I'm invaded!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JW8725, Oct 7, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Hey somethings invaded my computer me thinks. I never use Netscape and I've this strange window pop up a few times. Anyway I managed to snap shot the sucker. Can anyone shed any light on this? I went to the help file of this application but it said no help was available? I hope this isnt some sort of ad/spy ware? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Attached Files:

2. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    For a moment I thought Poland was posting on the forums.

As for your issue, are you saying you don't (and have never had) netscape installed on your system? I'm not really familiar with their products, but are you sure you aren't using a chat or mail program or something from netscape?

3. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I only did a complete format of the HD last week. I hardly have any programmes running at the moment. I DONT use Netscape.

4. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Are you running Classic? I installed Classic a couple of weeks ago and can now Spotlight Netscape, in my Classic folder. If you have just delete the sucker.
    If not then :confused:

5. Nikore macrumors newbie

Do you have firefox or Camino installed? I believe their feed back agent (to send info about the crash or just general feedback about the program) is or uses part of the Netscape Qulity Feedback Agent. I have seen that before on windows and linux when firefox has crashed.

6. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Germans have no need to invade us any more; there isn't much to gain. :(
    I don't even think they want to do the business with us.

7. Laser macrumors newbie

That's exactly what it is.

8. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I think Nikore is probably on to something with Firefox/Camino. Firefox and Camino are based on code that came from Netscape.

9. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah im running Camino and it did crash. Thanks guys! Man I was so freaked thought SPYware got me!! :D

10. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

Russo

About your sig. I have a porche model LaCie and its quiet. Some LaCie models are very noisey. I had a d2 and I gave it away to a family member. Wish extenal hard disk reviews would include noise as a test criteria.