OH OH IS COMING!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by xg3, Oct 20, 2004.

1. xg3 macrumors newbie

I ordered the new ibook, like 10mins after the online store came back online haha. suppose to ship on the 26th, but right now is oct 21st 2:30am. and apple.ca shows a tracking number is being shipped via Fedex.

ibook 12" w/ bluetooh 30GB hd. ya basic model. except for the bt.

so excited!!

2. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

3. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Yep... Way to good... You made the right choose... You get an A (A is for Apple :rolleyes: )...

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think that you will thoroughly enjoy your purchase. The iBook is a very solid machine. Is this your first Mac?

5. xg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

yup, first mac... i have high end pc till now..
    my desktop is a Dual Athlons 2400MP with 2GB of rams.. very nice desktop. dun think i will switching that for a long time.

i do mainly photoshop, premiere, java programming. and i have a toshiba laptop. well mainly this laptop got crap battery power.. so i look for alternative and decided what i do also fits in the ibook category if not even better in this category, so i decided to get a mac and give it a try.

6. eventualdave macrumors newbie

eventualdave

Awesome! The one I ordered Tuesday morning hasn't shipped yet, but it also needs a bit more customizing (just 768 RAM and 80G hard drive, though). I'll take this as a good sign that Apple's not too bogged-down and keep my fingers crossed!

Enjoy that, by the way! I remember how much fun I had with my first iBook two years ago. You're in for a treat. :)

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

8. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

i saw some guy on the train the other week with a 12" ibook - it was like 'Woah!" I was very jealous

9. eventualdave macrumors newbie

eventualdave

Uh-oh. Did I break the first rule of Mac Club?

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

lol no its just that apple overprices it. most people here buy ram from other places and self install... but really its your choice. :)

11. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

I hate you! I ordered a 12 in powerbook on the 11 and it has yet to be shipped!

12. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

At the store we ordered these tuesday and had them Wednesday.

13. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

You are now shunned for all eternity. You might be shot if seen with Apple RAM. I suggest running away now and changing your name. I suggest Kenya or Somalia...that is where the other Mac newbies I have scared away have run to.
    Remember the guy in Black Hawk Down who shoots the AK? That isn't a mac user. ;)

In case you haven't guessed...us "Maccies" (my term for Mac Users, cross between Mac and Trekkie. Actually, a Mac hating friend came up with it) are quite sarcastic.

Welcome to the Light Side of the Force!!

14. xg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

yah, i am b uying a 512mb ram from a local store.. crucial too
    only $132 cdn. prolly go with kingmax it is $118.

but yah as of today.. fedex shows it left the airport and its on its way to canada!!

15. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

16. xg3 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats weird, my laptop is going from taiwan to Memphis then to winnipeg.. i hope its going the right places, cuz i live in ontario! .

17. eventualdave macrumors newbie

eventualdave

Oh, OK. Yeah, I didn't want to bother with installing it myself so I figured I'd just let Apple do it.

It actually arrived this morning as I was running to an interview! I'm on it right now, and man, is it sweet! It's taking some getting used to with this keyboard, though, as it's a lot more "stiff" than what I'm used to. Nice-looking, all the same!

18. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

*claps hands* Way to go. That is the best move you've ever made in choices for buying a computer.

19. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

for once apple has there supply and demand down pat... of course, it just so happens that this computer is in [sarcasm]very high demand[/sarcasm]...
    :rolleyes:

reality