Oh Sony! You are so funny....

Discussion in 'Games' started by wako, Nov 26, 2006.

1. wako macrumors 65816

In another thread someone was asking about the launch date in Japan for the Wii. While googling around I found
    this old article.

What made me laugh was, "Sony recently announced that it would ready 400,000 PS3s in North America and another 100,000 in Japan for the system's launch."

Man did they miss those numbers by ALOT. How much did the North American launch get? 80k? Japan on the other hand got shafted even more, they only had a tenth of what was promised! LOL....

Its halrious because this was back in September. 2 months before they were going to launch. They should have known some realistic numbers by then....

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Yay for Bluray, yet another soon to be dead Sony proprietary "technology"

3. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm laughing too much these days. Sony, Peep Show series 3, Cassette Boy and Black Books just make me split my sides.

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My friend has a PSP... And one UMD :D

7. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Lmao! Completely understood. Another one of my friend's bought a PSP when they were "cool" (were they ever?) and was so excited. After a week it just sat on his desk, a $249 paperweight.

8. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

The PSP could have been so much more. I was really hoping Sony would actually push the PSP more, however... they didnt. Now I too have a 249 dollar paperweight because Sony decided to give up on the games and went for the movies... which totally flopped.

The PSP has more or less NO GAMES what so ever for the system. Its kind of pathetic how Sony just suddenly virtually stopped producing any games for it, or tried to get developers to develop anything for it. The last good game I got on the damn thing was Socom. I guess Ill pick up Katamari sometime, because I feel so bad for the damn brick just sitting there....

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh I always end up with all the systems. Probably get a PSP once they hit £80 in the years to come.

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I think they were talking much larger numbers further back, too.

Actually I think NA got about 175,000 while Japan got 80,000. Still less than half talked about not long ago.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Actually, Japan got 80k.

12. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Blu Ray is not a Sony propietary technology, not even close, Sony is not even behind it, they are just a supporter.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Maybe they were distracted by the MILLIONS of batteries they had to recall.

Not that I ever wanted to, but I'm glad I don't work at Sony these days.

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Are you kidding? Think of the overtime pay with all the problems you'd have to be cleaning up after! :D :rolleyes:

15. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

How's that again?

16. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

17. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Basically, Sony did not develop Blu-Ray and if the PlayStation 3 ends up a flop and Sony goes bankrupt and destined to do games for the rest of their life... Blu Ray will still have a home with the ton of other members of the BDA (included among those Apple Computer), basically Blu-Ray is not tied to Sony, that fact all by itself tells us Blu Ray might actually be a good thing, every propietary Sony stuff fails miserably.

18. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

/me points to the name of the website

I guess thats why they are called the INDEPENDENT ;)

19. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

The "Blu Ray Disc Association" was founded in 2002 by nine leading electronic companies like: Matsushita, Pioneer, Phillips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, Samsung and Sony as contrast to the DVD-Forum. In 2002 the companies were called the "Founders" of the Blu-Ray Disc and later changed their name to "Blu Ray Association" in order to achieve more companies joining their development.

Considering they are one of the founders i believe that puts them well beyond the "supporter" statement. A lot of sony technology went in to Bluray, they are the big pusher and its not just because they care there is a lot of monetary investments in to the soon to be flop, move over beta youve got company soon.