Oh well, here we go!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Falleron, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Guess what, I ordered a Dual 2.7Ghz PowerMac with all the Bits! I wasn't going to since it was not really what I was hoping for. For example, I wanted an X800 BTO. However, I went for the Nvidia 6800 Ultra. Also got bluetooth, airport extreme + will be getting about another 2Gb RAM from elsewhere.

What do you think?? Looks good to me!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah thanks. I've just finished wiping the drool off my keyboard from the last person to post about their new 2.7GHz machine! I'm massively jealous! I hope you enjoy it, those are some classy specs.

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Every one is getting the new powermacs maybe we need a thread just for the topic. Congrats btw great purchase. May i ask what you plan on using it for.

4. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

5. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Sounds great. I have the lowly Dual 2.0 with 4GB ram, twin 250GB drives and the ATI 256MB video card. Best computer I've ever owned. I was thinking of upgrading, but decided that speed alone was not enough to justify the price I'd have to pay. Instead, I keep the tower and get an Apple 23" cinema display. They went on sale yesterday. I have a 20" Viewsonic VP201b, which is nice, but the 23 from Apple is outstanding. (That being said, look at this months MacWorld for a review of the top monitors. The results might surprise you)

6. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Good stuff!!
    Sounds like a firecracker!
    It's great to hear another MacUser going for a G5. You will not be disappointed. ;)

aussie_geek