Oh, what to do...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bluetorch18, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

    Jul 25, 2006
    I ordered an MBP the other day to catch the end of the printer deal and (hopefully) get the new MBP this Tuesday. After I saw it would ship today I figured, ahh the hell with it and called to cancel it, but they couldn't cancel it because it haden't finished processing, and they would cancel it when they got the chance. They actually ended up shipping it today and I just got off the phone with an Apple representative that said to just send it back when I get it because it couldnt be canceled. It is expected to be delivered tomorrow according to the tracking number...now I was planning on sending it back, but I asked her what if they come out with a new MBP soon and she said if they come out with new MBPs within 14 days of recieving it, I would get a refund. That gives me until the 1st of November. Basically, does anyone think if they don't come out with them by the end of October they won't come out with them until 2007? I would be willing to wait if I had an idea they would be coming out anytime soon, but I can't keep waiting forever...
    Thanks for your help.
  2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603


    Jan 10, 2006
    Most likely be January now before we see anything new.
  3. bluetorch18 thread starter macrumors regular

    Jul 25, 2006
    Yeah, I doubt that though, I really thought it would have came out by now...you could be right, but its unlikely...just as unlikey as it was Apple was going to wait to release the new MBP...
  4. other macrumors 6502

    Aug 18, 2005
    I hate Apple, but I wait for a new computer because of OS X. Why do they treat their customers like ****? I don't get it. Merom has been available for a long time.

    Yes, I'm frustrated.
  5. bluetorch18 thread starter macrumors regular

    Jul 25, 2006
    I don't really think I need Merom though at this point, I was planning on waiting because of the possibility of a new GFX card, but I just bought a 360, so the most gaming I'm going to be doing on the MBP is like AOE 3, The Sims 2, and maybe a little Doom 3...is the current GFX more than enough to run these games well?
  6. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a


    Aug 29, 2006
    it will always be next tuesday when we see something new coming out
  7. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

    Apr 7, 2006
    ok... a few facts for you..

    The holiday season is the most profitable time of the year for retail.
    It is predicted Apple could sell around 1 million notebooks in the holiday season
    The stock of Apple notbooks is running low
    Intel are slowing production of Core Duos

    This shows that..
    Apple doesnt have enough notebooks to last over the holiday season, so they would be CRAZY not to update soon.

    i am 100% sure it will happen before Thanks Giving (im in the UK, dont know when that is)
  8. bluetorch18 thread starter macrumors regular

    Jul 25, 2006
    Or just start making more Yonah MBPs...
  9. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

    Apr 7, 2006
    As i said intel are slowing production of Core duos, and why didnt they start production before they went out of stock in most indipendent stores, Amazon & many more
  10. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 7, 2006
    Forest Hills, NY
    they aren't going to start producing more yonahs. the books are going to be updated. i can't promise macbooks, but how can we not assume a MBP update and a macbook revision.

    i think everyone should hold out. think secret says apple is waiting to pull the trigger. well i'm sure they'd pull that trigger if everyone could just control themselves and NOT buy a new computer. i just bought the ibook in my sig, because i'm going to hold out until the new ones come out, wait for all the problems to surface, and then ebay it and buy one. don't give the money to apple when apple isn't giving us merom.

    give apple your love. your TOUGH love.

Share This Page