Oh yea that feels good !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Joshua8o8, Aug 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

So I just took the plunge! I decided to go naked!

I was cleaning my belkin clear acrylic case and finally decided to toss it. Its not worth it to me, the case is leaving little dots on the back of my iphone and its always collecting rubbish between my phone and the case. Also it feels so damn good without the case on. I know i spent $600 on my phone, but hell, i cant be babying the damn thing forever. However if i notice my phone getting noticeably scratched the case is going back on!

2. macrumors 6502

joekix

i did the same thing, but now i use an old ipod video sleeve. that belkin case sucked!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

what do you mean by a sleeve? Is it like a small bag, or a tight plastic case?

4. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it's a sleeve that comes with all video ipods. the material is similar to the cleaning cloth that comes with the iphone. it's a tight fit, but won't fully cover the iphone due to its taller height.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

ahh i know what you guys are talking about... i tried to fit my iphone into my 30gig pods sleeve. It dosent fit, i guess the 30gig is too skinny. Too bad, something like that would be perfect. I think as long as i keep the screen nice i will be happy. Im willing to trade in some scratches to the back for the feel of the phone. Im using the power support screen protector so i think ill be fine.

6. macrumors 6502a

drater

I hear ya! no cases for me...i will admit I use the crystal power support film, I don't even notice it. But no bulky cases! blah!

7. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't mean to nitpick, but the 30 gb ipod video and the iphone are the same thickness.

8. macrumors 6502

The sleeve from the 60/80 GB iPods fits perfect just a bit on the short side but that makes it easier to get out quick to answer a call.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

I will have to check and see if the sleeve fits or not tomorrow. Maybe I wasnt thinking and tried to put It in with my old case still on.

Anyway I have been using my phone now for about an hour and caseless is the way to go for sure!

10. macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I love the looks and feel of the iPhone "naked" and so I use it that way at home all the time. When I'm going out I usually put something on it -- Vaja holster or the first case I bought for it at the Apple store, the InCase, or I slip it into the Fortte pouch I ordered for it. That way it is offered some protection while riding in my pocket or purse. The iPhone is so gorgeous I hate to cover it up when I don't have to do so!

11. macrumors regular

suede sleeve

This is like the iPod sleeve,,,but taller so it covers perfectly. Made from Ultrasuede so it's washable.

12. macrumors regular

Way to take the plunge! I've been running naked since day one, and loving it, when I decided the acrylic case I purchased altered the form factor too dramtically, etc.

No need for the InvisiShield either, which I bought but returned when I saw all the "key test" videos circulating on BoobTube. No worse for wear here, though I have order one of those T-Mobile Dash OEM leather cases, for when I go to the pool etc. and am in "iPod mode".

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

yea born naked may as well live naked ( the iphone ) haha

except for the screen protector

14. macrumors newbie

Birthday suit

I'm naked with a Griffin case so I don't have to put it in my pocket. Pulling it out I always grab the volume buttons a drawback. Almost dropped it a few times but grabed it quickly. It has a felt liner and totally frontal exposed.

15. macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Naked, with no screen protector is the absolute best feel!

16. thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried to put my iphone in my 30gig ipod sleeve, and it fits. Pretty cool, I think im going to use it from now on. Thanks!

17. macrumors member

That's what she said!:D

18. macrumors 65816

^^lol....idk im torn between the two because i like how the iphone looks naked but also i live in las vegas where its 100 in the shade and i find my hands kinda sweaty quite often and i transfer that to my phone and also its real easy to have a bunch of fingerprints on the back etc...so idk what to do, although i heard it feels better without a rubber....

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

^ definetly feels a lot better without protection, trust me

20. macrumors 65816

it does feel better but im still not sure about the bodily fluids getting all over...

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, you funny, i know where your coming from. but hey if it dosent fit, put spit!

22. macrumors 65816

your right that would make it more slippery...

23. thread starter macrumors 6502

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joshua8o8
    So I just took the plunge! I decided to go naked!

Also it feels so damn good without the case on.

What ?!?! she promised she wouldnt say anything, im really sorry man!

And Mr. Bernie-Mac you are one sick puppy! u need pro. help! haha

24. macrumors 65816

lol my bad...i guess i forgot what i was talking about lol

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

im pretty sure you did... haha!