Ohhh, and one more thing.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aniej, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

So I was thinking a bit over the weekend and decided it might be kind of fun to start a thread detailing how you, if it was you up there instead of Stevo, might introduce one of the real or rumored items for MWSF 2007? In other words, how would you put the icing on the cake and introduce whatever it is you want to?

I personally would love to see the iPhone introduced by Steve finishing off the presentation, saying thank you for your support of our great company I think you are going to really enjoy all the new and updated items and hope that...... ring... ring....ring....oh i'm sorry, I'm really embarrassed I left my phone on. Steve answers phone and iPhone is introduced.

your turn.....

2. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I think I'd do something similar, but have Steve pull a regular phone (like a RAZR) out at first just to dupe everyone. Then, to everyone's delight (OK, maybe delight is a little strong) he'd realize it was his "other" phone in a different pocket that was ringing, and the iPhone is unveiled.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Ohh I like that better actually with the dupe move. I think a really cool addition would be for eric schmidt to be the one calling if the google iPhone deal is for real.

4. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Seriously people, for a website dedicated to pontificating upon what apple is going to do next, I am disappointed at the lack of clever ideas for how you would run the big show... Let step it up and see what you are made of:D

5. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

I think Steve should walk off the stage and after he gets off, they show a video of a famous person (Bono?, someone!) walking onto a plane with their family. His kids are whining,"daddy their nothing to do, I hate flying" so the famous guy pulls out his brand new full video iPod and says "here watch a movie" then steve and the famous guy (or gal) come out on the stage to enourmous applause and rundown the new ipod, with the famous guy performing a song..then telling teh crowd rtghat this very performance will be loaded onto all new true video iPods

6. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Bono is the man; awesome post just based on that.;)

Interesting view that you are taking on a full video iPod.

7. FireArse macrumors 6502a

I'd have...

...a video of the 'Lost' characters in the bunker. They suddenly hear this phone ringing, only to find its the new iPhone. They pick it up, and it's Steve on the line telling them with Apple's help (someone used OS X and a new 4 processor quad core 4GHz Mac Pro to find them) Steve'd be sending them 15 Apache helicopters to save them all.

Or a few iPhone's pop out AKA Cinema Displays, just to be boring.

F

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just as long as the Mac guy and the PC guy of the future don't appear on stage in a giant time machine, I'm in.

Well, erm, but if they had a time machine and Bill and Ted made an appearance, now that would be just fine. :eek:

9. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Bill Gates and Ted Turner, hmmmm weird picks for a Mac event! :rolleyes: haha

10. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Running on the iphone deal, it should be bill gates on the other end of the phone desperately trying to tell steve to stop stealing ideas from vista and causing their constant delays cause they have to keep coming up with new ideas to try an out-do Leopard. :p :p

11. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I like it. Except make it Sea King helicoptors, that will inevitably crash, thus leaving Gilligan on the island.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He'll get a call from Phil Schiller, who will be sitting in the audience. They pulled a similar stunt with iChat a few years ago. This is all assuming that the iPhone is announced at MWSF, which I doubt.

13. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

OK so then based on what you think will be released, what would you do then instead of an iPhone?

14. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Do you all remember that "report" that got released maybe 3 weeks ago saying Mac users are essentially old people? That was weird and I am having a difficult time believing, but in case it is I say we should have the old lady who falls in the bathroom and can't get up "help I've fallen and can't get up" call in with her iMedic alarm. :D

15. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'd like if he described a new iPod "it has a 10 hour battery life [people think this is odd], flip functionality [people think that the Zune may win now...], a camera [useless, but OK], oh yeah...and you can phone people too, we're calling it the iF**kCiscoPhone". Then the true vPod is released.

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Steve can't very well pull a "one more thing" with the iTV (or whatever the TV appliance will be called), since it's been pre-announced. If any bombshells come out of this MWSF, it might be an earlier-than-expected release of 10.5. I'm not sure this will necessarily be a good thing, but Apple kind of needs a big surprise right now, given all the pent-up anticipation. But that's the fun part of the "one more thing" announcements -- we almost never know what they'll be until they happen.

Sadly, I will not be attending the keynote this year for the first time in many many years, as I don't currently qualify for a media pass. I won't find out what Steve's "one more thing" is until I get there on Tuesday afternoon.

17. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Can I have another go?

Having told everyone how great Apple is doing (quoting the record-breaking solid-state iPod sales) Steve decides to have a little 'me' time.

Out comes a new Cinema display with the various inputs. Out of Steve's pocket is a light-coloured rectangular object. The crowd think it's the iPhone. However alongside the Display pops a Wii. Steve then starts playing Bowling on his 30 inch display.

Steve hits a strike. Then asks to himself for Bill Gates to beat that. Mid second bowl, the Wii tells him his Bluetooth-enabled iPhone is ringing. Only to find its his new-found friend Satoru Iwata (Nintendo CEO) on the other end of the line.

Crowd go ballistic as the Wii uses the iPhone's net connection to play bowling with Satoru.

18. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

For a minute I thought you were going to have this guy

(\ /)
    (o_O)
    (> <)

Come out and announce the iPhone.

19. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

In fact, the Bunny is one of Steve's alternate forms. Steve is here, watching every post. If you look at Steve with night vision goggles + those red/blue 3D ones, he looks like Bunny, only works in person so no photos...try it at the conference.

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Jon Gruber of DF has the same problem this year, I've heard. My Sister's bf will be at the keynote. Lucky bastard works for VM Ware. My Sis and I got some free tickets, but they're the basic ones, so we'll be waiting for him to rush out and tell us all about the new stuff after the keynote. It's my first MacWorld actually, so this should be fun.

I'm not expecting too much, because I don't want to be disappointed. People seem to forget that Steve doesn't always do the "one more thing", and we always expect way too much. There will be stuff on Leopard and the iPod, that's a given. New iWork and iLife. Maybe the iTV, new displays, Mac Pro updates, and some other stuff we're not even thinking about. Long shots, but I hope for a new mini laptop and a phone, but I'm not holding my breath.

Steve: "One more thing... there is no iPhone. Ha ha, made you look! This is why I hate rumor sites". (stock tanks)

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I scored a free floor pass this year from OWC. Quite a come-down from a media pass, which gets you into almost everything, but better than nothing I suppose. The very nice thing about wearing a media badge for MWSF is the press seating in the front sections at the keynote, and you don't need to rise at the crack of dawn and stand in cattle-call lines to get in. I'm still hoping to revive the freelance gig one of these days, when and if the market for tech writing revives. Not much money in it, but I enjoyed writing, and attending trade shows like MWSF as a fifth-columnist.

22. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ohhh, and just one more thing! It looks like the present was the possibility of fake documents being filed not for an iPhone or anything involving the letter i, rather with the SEC. I'm not to happy right now and add the stock to go with it.:mad:

23. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Surely Time Machine's new feature is that if you can get your CPU running at 3.01Ghz, you get transported back in time to the year 1970 in a mission to stop Windows from ever being created?

Steve Jobs- Marty McFly
    S. Berlet - Doc Brown
    Bill Gates- Biff

Hmm...

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you saying that terrorists trying to build a nuclear weapon prevented Jobs from making good on his original 3GHz promise? :eek: ;) :D

25. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Phil Schiller will sit on it and break it before the keynote.