Ohio Supreme Court helps shield scandals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Background: The vast majority of Ohio's legislature is Republican. The majority of the Ohio Supreme Court is Republican. So is Governor Bob Taft, whose administration is being accused of corruption.

Again and again, they conjure up the idea that the free flow of ideas is going to be somehow damaged if people know what is going on in their government. It's complete bull****.

The two justices who dissented were Paul Pfeifer and Alice Robie Resnick. They are the only two who are going to get my vote next time around.

Link

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Its a matter of time before Govt will become the enemy of the people or vice a versa. Control freaks infest Federal,State and Local Govt. Time to Join the ACLU i guess.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

is 200+ years of open government coming to an end?

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Under the republicans it is happening. America wake up.

5. riciad macrumors 6502

And I thought our Irish politicians would place fairly high on the corruption scale! Seems like they still have a lot to learn in the cover-up stage.
    :eek:

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Are these the same Republics that were arguing that Clinton wasn't entitled to executive priv.? I thought so....