Ok, DivX problem is PISSING ME OFF!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, Jul 25, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

Ok - this is about the *MAKING* of DivX's from DVDs, not palying them, playing them ahs beena breeze actually. OK, here's the deal, I decided I wanted to store some/most of my anime on my computer, SO I did a few DVDs using MacDivxcreator, and this DVD ripping prog. called OSEX, everything worked greatola. Video was good, sound was good, life was good. Well, I opened one of them, and hey look at that! No sound! Ok, says I don't ahve sound underneath the "Tracks" list in QuickTime, No biggie, DivXDoctor II to the rescue! It makes me a nice .mov with sound, perfect! Wait, what's this...? The SOund is out of sync....hey, it's ok, there's a little FAq/Troubleshooting that came with MacDivxCreator, no problem! Ok, all done, time to bust out the popc....what the HELL? It's STILL out of sync ::continues to talk to himself and slowly pull out hair:: [/vent] Ok, seriously though, I am using MacDivxCreator, DivX Doctor II, OSEx v. 0.101a5 to rip. I am converting the ripped DVDs at 720xwhatever, 128/192 Kb audio, using MPEG4 (DivX) and MP3, I ahve both the sound and video, I jsut can't get them to match. I've been trying for two days and am totoally confused, like, the first few worked great, then all of a sudden, no more. Also, I found this prog that rip MP3 right from the Ripped DVD file, so I (supposedly) don't ahve to re-encode the ripped DVD file, but no dice, still doesn't match. If you people could jsu tell me how (if) you do it, I don't care if I ahve to re-encode 20 DVDs, this is jsut crazy. Grey hairs at 16, oh man...

2. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, one last thing, I seperate the sound and the video, the video is something like 56:59, and the audio is 58:15, any suggestions as how to fix this?