Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cboz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
So heres the story. I was cleaning out my computer today, deleting old files and what not. I go to open Final Cut Pro 5, lo and behold the icon for it is gone. I thought at first, "Hey, it's an icon, it's not going to wreck my pro video editing", but then it dawned on me 20 minutes after using it. I NEED THAT ICON. I, being the compulsive organizer, needs that icon to function properly. I tried removing it, reinstalling it, searching the interweb for an icon, but it just didn't work. Would someone like to be a real superhero and PM me the Final Cut Pro 5 icon?

THANKS!!!:D

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
What ever happened to good old desktop rebuilding? Does that still apply to OS X? I never thought of it until just now.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
cboz said:
hmm...ok...what is that?

In OS 9 and below, there was a "Desktop" file that stored icon information and stuff. If it got corrupted, you would lose icons just like you are now. To rebuild it, you would boot holding down option+command.

However, I guess that doesn't apply to OS X. Sounds similar though.

cboz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Ya know I didn't think that the default icon would bug me too much, you know the paper with the pencil on it or whatever it is. But it does. And oh so much.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
cboz said:
ahhhhhhhhh anyone!!! does anyone have final cut pro!!!! i just need a wee icon!!!

pretty please?

Sorry, I'd provide it, but I'm in the middle of a move, and my Power Mac isn't set up here at the new place yet. Don't have FCP on my iMac.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004

Attachments

• apple-final-cut-pro.png
    apple-final-cut-pro.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 100
  • FCP_icon96.gif
    FCP_icon96.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 121
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.