Ok guys, need help with AIM and ibook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buryyourbrideau, May 16, 2005.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

hey everyone i have some problems that i have never experienced before today after i have had my ibook for 3 months.

i cam home after school today and my book had been sleeping all day. i opened the screen the and PW prompt never came up just a black screen. so i shut the monitor again and then the sleep light never came back on. so after staring at the blank black screen and not being able to do anything, i just restarted the ibook by holding down the power button. then when it rebooted it took EXTREMELY long to load. about three minutes. after that no problems

until now, i have been on AIM, and it has crashed about 6 times in 30 minutes, it will stay on when im not doing anything but whenever i send 1 im to someone, it crashes. any ideas?

2. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

bump guys....:(

i tried trashing and re downloading AIM and it still crashes after running for like 30 seconds.... :mad:

does anyone know what the problem may be and how i can fix this, i guess its ichat for now until this problem is solved

:hopes for quick replies: :rolleyes:

3. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I've experienced the same black screen on my iBook, but it did not lead to any AIM problems.

Since I see no solution, I suggest you simply move away from AIM (which isn't even that stable when 100%) to Adium, an outstanding AIM client.

4. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

but what about the black screen just there chillin

thats never happened to me before and i dont get why it would have :confused:

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i never use AIM's own client, its either iChat or Adium for me, i dont know whats causing the problem, make sure you run the unintsller rather than just trashing it and might want to run permissions as well

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Until very recently I used AIM. Then it crashed every ten minutes in Tiger and I moved to iChat.

7. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yea i have had tiger since it came out and aim never crashed until today, now i am trying out adium and i like it so far

still wondering about the sleep issue though....

8. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I don't know why the screen does that every so often. I just know that it gets my heart beating every time.

9. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

well now i am upgrading to 10.4.1

maybe this will solve the problem :confused:

well if it does not, adium looks to be doing quite a better job then aim as of now :)