ok, its the 27th, and my iMac hasn't shipped yet. what should i do?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by biohazard6969, Oct 27, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so order status told me that my iMac would be shipped on or before the 27th of october, now i know that it isn't the end of the day yet, so i will wait till then to take any action. it still says "sent to manufacturing" i was wondering what i should do if by tomorrow it still reads the same thing...i havn't been charged any money for it yet...

2. Funkatation macrumors regular

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Are you waiting on a 20"? I know plenty of people who are waiting on that model, it looks like a great computer I suggest waiting. What else can you really do?

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Got mine.... it's great! :p

5. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Just relax. :cool: I know how it is to be waiting for a new expensive toy, the anticipation can kill you. :eek: But for the most part, I believe quoted ship dates are only estimates, and can change - either earlier or later. There's also the strong possibility that status is not realtime. I can recall at least one order (not sure if it was with Apple, but I'm thinking it was) that still said "processing" or whatever after I got it.

Unless you were guaranteed same day shipping with overnight service or something, I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy your new machine when it arrives. :)

6. Bear macrumors G3

No much you can do. It should flip into one of the shipping statuses soon. It may or may not make it out the door today.

Also, sometimes I've gotten a delay notifictaion an hour or two before a shipping notification. So relax, you'll get the Mac soon enough.

7. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

yeah, alrite thanks, i know i'm goin overboard but i jusst CAN"T WAIT. god, the last time this happened was with my powerbook!!! this has gotta be one of the worst/best at the same time feelings EVER!!! i rele hope it ships at least by 2morrow becasue with expidited shipping it said it should arrive within 3-6 days so i BETTER get it next week!!!