Ok, just bought a new refurb 12 pb.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Coca-Cola, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

I just bought a new powerbook 867. I feel terrible. I put it on my credit card. This will be my first laptop. I have had my iMac for four years now. I will be using it as a second computer and for airport. I can now surf the net in the bedroom yeah. But, I think my spouse will kill me. What should I do. Can I pretend I got it for her? I have been driving her insane with my computer wantings. Is my shopping spree reasonable?

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Congratulations on your new purchase, you won't be disappointed. I guess it all depends on your (financial) circumstances, but a new computer once every 4 years does not sound unreasonable. Good luck with breaking the news!

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    she cant kill you if you kill her first :D okay thats not really helping. but i dont think its unreasobale for u to upgrade after 4 years, plus u bought a refurb. as long as u get her something nice when you tell her i think she wont take it too badly...besides you can sleep on the couch for a while for the love of a new powerbook :d

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

good for you. can you personally afford it more or less? if so everyone once in a while you have to splurge on yourself

5. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Hey i feel your pain brother :)

I did the exact same, infact i signed up for a credit card JUST to buy apple stuff, *looks at his outstanding balance of £1500* i have to cut this thing up...

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hmmm...that could be taken in several ways...:eek: :p

7. iGav macrumors G3

Eww! :eek: