Ok, just bought a new refurb 12 pb.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Coca-Cola, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    I just bought a new powerbook 867. I feel terrible. I put it on my credit card. This will be my first laptop. I have had my iMac for four years now. I will be using it as a second computer and for airport. I can now surf the net in the bedroom yeah. But, I think my spouse will kill me. What should I do. Can I pretend I got it for her? I have been driving her insane with my computer wantings. Is my shopping spree reasonable?
  2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sep 13, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    Congratulations on your new purchase, you won't be disappointed. I guess it all depends on your (financial) circumstances, but a new computer once every 4 years does not sound unreasonable. Good luck with breaking the news!
  3. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    she cant kill you if you kill her first :D okay thats not really helping. but i dont think its unreasobale for u to upgrade after 4 years, plus u bought a refurb. as long as u get her something nice when you tell her i think she wont take it too badly...besides you can sleep on the couch for a while for the love of a new powerbook :d
  4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    good for you. can you personally afford it more or less? if so everyone once in a while you have to splurge on yourself
  5. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2003
    St Helens, UK
    Hey i feel your pain brother :)

I did the exact same, infact i signed up for a credit card JUST to buy apple stuff, *looks at his outstanding balance of £1500* i have to cut this thing up...
  6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Hmmm...that could be taken in several ways...:eek: :p
  7. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Eww! :eek: