Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coca-Cola

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2002
WA
I just bought a new powerbook 867. I feel terrible. I put it on my credit card. This will be my first laptop. I have had my iMac for four years now. I will be using it as a second computer and for airport. I can now surf the net in the bedroom yeah. But, I think my spouse will kill me. What should I do. Can I pretend I got it for her? I have been driving her insane with my computer wantings. Is my shopping spree reasonable?

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Congratulations on your new purchase, you won't be disappointed. I guess it all depends on your (financial) circumstances, but a new computer once every 4 years does not sound unreasonable. Good luck with breaking the news!

she cant kill you if you kill her first :D okay thats not really helping. but i dont think its unreasobale for u to upgrade after 4 years, plus u bought a refurb. as long as u get her something nice when you tell her i think she wont take it too badly...besides you can sleep on the couch for a while for the love of a new powerbook :d

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
good for you. can you personally afford it more or less? if so everyone once in a while you have to splurge on yourself

Nik_Doof

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
St Helens, UK
Hey i feel your pain brother :)

I did the exact same, infact i signed up for a credit card JUST to buy apple stuff, *looks at his outstanding balance of £1500* i have to cut this thing up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.