OK Mac + Intel

Discussion in 'macOS' started by R.Youden, Jun 9, 2005.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I have not posted anything about the Mac + Intel partnership so far but I have been think it over for the last few days.

They cant make it so Windows apps run on OSX. Firstly it will look crap, and it will put people off developing Mac apps.

You can have duel boot with Windows and OSX but it is a bit of a pain and not very Maccy.

What the need is fast user switching between Windows and Mac. I have VPC but very rarely use it. If it ran at full speed and I could go out and purchase an copy of Windows then it would be great for gaming and the very rare apps that dont run on Mac. Also have the ability to link the files together, so you can work on one file on the Mac, then switch to Windows and do the Windows only thing with it and swap it back. I know it would be a technical challege but it would add a lot more to the 'switch' campaign! That would make me think about upgrading, at the moment my comp is fine for semi-heavy work that I do and I cant see that changing in the next few years.

On the whole I welcome the move to Intel, at the end of the day anyone who buys mac for the hardware isnt all there upstairs. The reason why the hardware appears so good is because of the damn good OS. Adding the best OS to the best chips was a logical step, bring on 2007 Power Macs!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

you know that would be great for working on webdesign as well, check it on your mac with safari then fast user switch to check it on FF and IE, i still wouldn't do that but it would be helpful to some

3. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

:D
    no kidding, i guess that's why i bought a G4 powerbook! i'm crazy to think that hardware is the best available.

4. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

What I meant was power users, top of the range G5's. I know the laptops aint as powerful either, but the design is so much better.