OK Maybe I'm Dumb (Headphones Question)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Cigsm, Dec 16, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2010
    I purchased the Monster Heartbeats In-Ear Phones By Lady Gaga as I have a few friends that have them that have raved about them. You can find them here:

Lady Gaga Heartbeats In-Ear Headphones (Black Chrome)' by Monster http://amzn.to/htsE60

BUT I tried plugging them into the iPad and no sound comes out. It's almost like the plug doesnt fit correctly.

Am I stupid or do I need an adapter or something?

I promise I'm not a troll.
  2. macrumors 601

Oct 20, 2008
    If it's a regular 3.5mm headphone jack, it should work out of the box. If it doesn't, the ones you got are probably DOA and you'll have to get a replacement.
  3. macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    They should work fine, and I just checked and they have the same connector that any standard pair of headphones does. You may have gotten a defective pair, or just not have plugged them in all the way.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks guys! I'll try making sure it's plugged in all the way. If not, back to Amazon they go for a replacement.
  5. macrumors 68000

Apr 13, 2009
    Middle England
    Try them in another device with a 3.5mm jack first?
  6. macrumors regular

Oct 8, 2010
    never buy earphones from amazon. unless you're buying directly FROM Amazon and not one of their sellers. Because the sellers sell fake Beats and Bose earphones/headphones. Next time order them and make sure you bought them off amazon.com and not one of their sellers, or just buy from bestbuy or apple