OK new to mac os how to save favorite

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ROGERWILCO357, Jul 29, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

how do you save favorite websites to the macs safari?
    how do you burn backups from movies you have since i cannot use my fab or dvd oneclick?
    and do i really need to reformat the whole 320 gigs on the western digital to use it as a backup for the mac? if so will i be able to save multiple mac's on one drive like i did my windows pc's
    soo many questions no answers yet anyone want to help me get thru this thing called mac?:)

2. macrumors 68020

srl7741

+ icon on the browser (top left)
    Try Handbreak for backing up DVD's

Yes you will be able to add multiple backups to the one drive each from a different box/device

3. macrumors 68020

Click on the plus sign + on the left of the address bar to bookmark a site.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

another i don't know how to

how do you make the bottom bar where all your icons are , make them wave when you scroll across them aren't they suppose to go up and down and look cool i am using a macbook unibody 2.4ghz,2gigs ddr3,on 250 gig hd
    running the mac leopard latest version not sure what numbers as i am on a pc right now ..only had the laptop for a day and need to learn alot..thanks in advance for your patience and my redundant questions.:confused:

5. macrumors 601

eawmp1

6. macrumors 68020

Don't you mean the magnify effect? If so, click on the Apple logo :apple: on the menu bar, choose Dock > Turning magnification on. Also, you should check out the links that eawmp1 suggested. I just got my Mac a month ago and the support links have helped me tremendously.

7. macrumors 6502

Seriously though, Apple has plenty of tutorials online and google will get you answers quicker than posting to a forum.

Attached Files:

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

true

tutorials don't replie back rather learn from people who have been there..thanks anyway:rolleyes:

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the help

really helpful one down many more to go ..:)

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

handbrake ok thanks

have tried the mac the ripper and it saved all files but how do i get it to burn them now?