Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNB

macrumors 604
You haven't seen much Japanese TV, have you? That's pretty mild stuff, along the lines of morning kiddie show.

Catch their game shows, or late-night stuff. Or anyone else's outside of the US for that matter. You'd be amazed.

Damn Puritans...

dartzorichalcos

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2007
Atlantis
It shows a good way of how to ruin a party or whatever the people were running away from. It was funny and weird, but still made me laugh.:)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
hahaha omg that is classic tv right there and yes, very mild in comparison to some of the things i've seen.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Welcome to my world! And that is nothing compared to some of the stuff on TV here. While not 'funny' per se the TV shows here are very Monty Python-ish which often gives me a good laugh

And I think the guy at the end is a long-lost relative of Biork!

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Pfft, that doesn't hold a candle to MXC, damn I wish I had cable TV just for that show.

You know another show thats pretty darn good too is Ninja Warrior. Its not a funny show, but its loosely related to MXC because of the contestants doing a course with obstacles and whatnot. Its from Japan too and Im totally addicted to it. What some of those people can do is absolutely amazing. Only two people have made it through all 4 courses. I'd recommed checking it out. Its on Spike.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I tried to watch some TV in Japan, and there were quite a few game shows on. Since I don't speak Japanese, every one of them had me baffled. People looking excited, surprised, happy, disappointed, even bored and everyone chattering away. I couldn't figure out if there were teams, or what they had to do to win, or if there were winners. The shows were entertaining for me, but in a "whaaaaaat was that?" kind of way.

This one fits right in.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2006
I think the best one is the old man, becuase of the way he reacts... he basically cries :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Haha, oh man, if that stuff happened on American TV, they'd probably sue. :p With the 2nd prank, the last guy, who had a warm cup of water in his hand, really got it in the face when the rocket went off in his seat. :D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It seemed to me that everyone else in the video was hired to play the part of a person in the library who didn't notice what was going on. And somehow those actors kept from laughing themselves.

Is that what you guys think too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.