1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Ok .. So ... appleTv or Macbook?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sWaltuo, Dec 7, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Ok .. So .. I was planning on waiting till Macworld to buy an :apple:tv! BUT, I plan on taking online classes during the summer and I travel ALOT during the summer. My laptop is about 7 yrs old, it was the first white iBook made. It is about at the end of its life and I am thinking about getting a macbook also. I figured if I wait till Macworld and buy a low-end Macbook instead of a :apple:tv then I could just hook the Macbook up to the tv and use front row?

Is this a good idea or should I wait until Macworld to see what is updated and then make my decision?

Any response is welcome:apple:

2. macrumors 603

SkyBell

Well, what makes you think the iBook is at the end of it's life? What can't it do know that it could do before?

3. macrumors demi-god

Spanky Deluxe

Definitely get a MacBook over and AppleTV. The old G3 iBooks are just way too slow these days for anything but the most basic tasks. Even internet's a struggle on them now due to the sheer amount of Flash media.

Don't you think it would be a tad silly to have a set top box (Apple TV) that's significantly more powerful than your actual computer?!! :p

4. macrumors regular

get the macbook! It will be money well spent.:D

5. macrumors 68040

I love my Apple TV, but if I could only get one the Macbook by far.

6. macrumors 6502

Get a MacBook and forget about the Apple TV

7. macrumors 604

Cave Man

No brainer - get the Apple TV. Oh, I mean, MacBook. :)