Ok, this is making me mad - waiting for my iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by slooksterPSV, Jun 23, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I've been waiting for 3 days for my iBook (if you count the starting day). Every "day" I check back on DHL its finally done something. Its pissing me off. They're taking forever with this package. Its not right! UPS and/or FedEx will do a better job.

Attached Files:

2. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Those "status" explanations are a little ambiguous. What's next "Checked for lint and grass stains." I thought courier meant FAST!

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

3. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Best thing is it's shipping same state! CA...

That's awful

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I had my PowerBook *disappear* from the FedEx doc the morning it was going to be delivered - this after waiting 3 week while it was built and shipped from Taiwan....and then it took another 3 weeks to get a replacement.

I hope yours arrives safely.

D

5. Lobos macrumors member

I feel your pain... sort of. I'm waiting on a PowerBook that shipped from Shanghai on the 21st and it's gotten to Indianapolis so far. It's coming to California. I don't understand why it jumped from Alaska and then to Indiana just to come back to Cali...

6. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

Same problem here... Ordered the iBook on the 16th and it still isn't here... TNT (the delivry company) said it was delivered today, but I don't have it... Apparently someone named 'Val' signed for it. I live in an apartment block, and the receptionist would have picked it up if I wasn't around. The package was apparently delivered at 10am, but I started asking the receptionist about it at 2pm and they don't have it, SO WHERE IS MY iBOOK!!!

Sorry for shouting- I'm a bit angry at the mo' :rolleyes:

I just want my iBook... :(

7. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

8. Icespiker macrumors newbie

that really sucks man. Fortunately, my Powerbook was found today after a few attempts to deliver it. see here to follow the adventure http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133757.

the best part of my experience, is that they called me to confirm it was delivered. all they could say, is that it was delivered to a blond lady, and if I knew any blond women.

oh yea, DHL sucks. Hope you get your iBook soon.

9. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

TNT suck even more...

I'm typing this on my swish new iBook :cool: but not after a bit of an adventure...

The site told me that it had been delivered and signed for by a woman named Val, but I don't know one... long story short, I live in a student apartment block which is about 500yrds from the University. The delivery driver must have tried to get into my building, given up, and then taken it to the University's postroom... The bad bit is that they didn't tell me, TNT never phoned me back (twice), and the driver took the package to a different building 500yrds away!! I would have said this was almost a good idea, had I been told...

Anyway, I'm too busy playing with widgets to be mad :)

10. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

You got quite the deal on that! They doubled just about everything.

12. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

It's only three days. There are more pressing matters to deal with in life. My girlfriend waited well over a week. Did she complain? No. It's summer. Go play outside or something. ;)

13. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I would if I had any time to myself. But, I work 5 days a week (yes I'm only 17 too, thats a lot for me), I have to watch my niece on my days off, even if me and my sister are off I like to relax and play a computer game, its been raining the past few days, I have other things to get done like Laundry, dishes, lol, sorry I know its a long list, but its all true. Sunday, next week, I'm going to take my family out for dinner, my treat. + I'm going to buy an upgrade for my iBook. Either Tiger or an external hard drive.

14. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I'm 23 and I work 3 days a week. And that's lots for me!! 5 days is 5 days irrespective of age. It's a lot of working. No need to justify it :)

And I think when a courier takes longer than they should you have every right to bitch and moan. It's their job to deliver!

And OnceUGoMac, you have to realise that for some of us, our Macs are our girlfriends. ;) God, that sounds pathetic, doesn't it?

15. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Lucky - 3 days :p, I have friends. Haven't talked to them all summer excedpt a few online, but thats because with Dial-up we always tie up the phone, and everyones usually working so i can't really do anything with them. And I have to watch my baby girl (my niece that is)

16. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

DHL/Danzas is still a market follower after UPS and FedEx. I am not at all impressed with DHL/Danzas' customer service, tracking capabilites, and on time performance. They are a huge company which is created by buying other shipping companies. This is one of the classic case of Frankenstein of the shipping company which was not put together correctly. I am amazed there are still Fortune 500 companies who are still using their service.

17. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Yes, it does. I'm 26 and work 60+ hours per week. I still have time to hang out with my girlfriend, workout, and spend time alone. I can't say anymore without sounding rude. 3 weeks, maybe. 3 days, :rolleyes: .

18. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Actually, courier is a derivative of the french verb courir, meaning to run, and the french courrier, meaning mail or post. Evidently, some companies run the post more slowly and less accurately than others *cough cough FedEx cough cough*.