OK what do I do with my old MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SiliconAddict, Nov 20, 2006.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

See HERE for the full story.

The gist of it is that Apple was going to replace my MBP for a new unit because of the number of SNAFU's that occured on the thing to begin with. About 20 minutes ago I received my new C2D in the mail which is all well and fine. What do I do with the old unit? I'll call up the Apple store in a bit but I figured there have to have been others who have run into this problem and might have an answer.

PS- Some of the keys are not popping up immediately after pressing them. :rolleyes: I'll type on it for a week and see if it goes away. If that is the worst thing that happens to this system I'll consider myself lucky.

2. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

so let me get this right, u have both the old and the new? if thats the case...then sell off the old for parts or whole

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Give it to me, I'll make media server out of it.

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Make sure Apple isn't expecting the old one back before you do anything with it... or to it. When they replaced my G3 iBook (logic board, 5 times!), I had to return it when I got my new one.

5. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

yeah i would think they would want the old one back, that was the reason i asked my question ealier

6. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I think it is pretty obvious that it should be returned. If you dont, Apple may charge your card for the replacement (unless I have this all wrong and you have intentionally purchased two machines).

David

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I shall gladly take care of it for $100. Shoot me a PM.:)