OK. What is Folding?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by G5Unit, Aug 12, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

G5Unit

What is it? I have searched forever and cannot find out what folding is. Help!

2. Moderator emeritus

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

4. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

It's all good. Hopefully you'll join the MR team! Tell us what you decide!

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Hey I juust scanned through the website because I didn't have enough time, but it's soooo complicated what they are saying. I still don't know what it is!

6. macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Have you read this page?

7. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

This is what I said to Leekohler last week in another thread (you really didn't searched very well...), he came with the same question:
    "Here we go again... In short folding @ home is a project from Stanford University. You can download a small app on you computer and let it do its stuff. What it does is simulating proteines, and let the geniusses at Stanford understand proteines better and why they develop the way it does, like diseases, like cancer and everything in the human body. We are giving the folks at Stanford time on our computers. For every WorkUnit we get points. We are in a team. So we are "battling" each other, but also other teams. Check out the link in my sig for more information or go directly to Stanfords webstite: http://folding.stanford.edu
    Now that I explained it to you, you have to donload the app and fold with us. You have to set the app up by
    username: Dreadnought
    teamnumber: 3446
    NOW GET FOLDING! :D "