Ok...who here likes Mariah Carey?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mariahlullaby, Oct 17, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

So I got caught up in the celeb thread trend. Shoot me. Anyone else share a love for Miss Mariah like me?

And if you hate Mariah or her music or think she's a slut or crazy or think she smells funny, I don't want to hear it. You're in the wrong thread :p.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, I'd imagine it'd be OK to post here if we like crazy stinky sluts, right? ;)

I liked her first albums, thought she was hot and had a phenomenal voice. My opinion is not what it was, though.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

4. Cfg5 macrumors regular

I'm not a big fan of her music but she is very attractive.

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Booooooo, enough said.

Happy Halloween. :p ;) :D

I am giving an advanced wish to the event. :)

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Can't stand the woman, sorry. She is far too deeply in love with herself for my liking.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, at least someone loves her. ;)

And, mariahlullaby: sorry. But this is too easy a target.

However, I'm sure there are other MC fans out there. Somewhere.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

She has a pretty voice, and she's not unattractive. That's about it.

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Mariah Carey's career path reminds me a lot of Whitney Houston's, unfortunately. In the early days, she showed an awful lot of promise and talent, but for whatever reasons (poor management, poor life choices, etc.) she seems to have squandered her opportunities. I mean, sure, she's still making money and such, but she's not someone we'll remember twenty years from now other than in a "Where are they now?" sense.

10. Lau Guest

Why do you like her mariahlullaby?

I have to agree with edesignuk's opinion, I'm afraid. I have a huge irrational hatred for her, as it happens. But it would be interesting to know what is it about her that you like.

11. mpw Guest

I admire that she's made all that money by releasing the same record over and over again and just taken ever more clothes off for each video.

Oh and I definitely would, but I wouldn't want to put up with any preamble/post coital crap.

12. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

What makes you think it's irrational?

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm a bit naive. Is that the stuff they do in those German videos I hear about?

14. dcv macrumors G3

^ Post of the week? :D

Sorry, I can't stand Mariah Carey either. I might be able to tolerate her voice if she didn't insist on warbling and dragging out each song quite so much. But no... I just find her and her singing hugely irritating.

15. mpw Guest

That worked well then.
    :D

16. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Mariah is fyyyine, but that is where it stops..i find her music quite meh...

17. Lau Guest

:D

Now there I was, trying not to make a list of the 374 reasons I think Mariah Carey is possibly the root of all evil, out of respect for the original poster. Now look what you made me do. :p

Excuse me. I have to go make a list.

18. CompUser Guest

Wow. Scary. Right as I started reading this thread I can hear "we belong together" coming from downstairs.

Umm... I can't say that I like her music.

One time in "Life Management" (class in middle school), my insane teacher made us right a 3 paragraph essay interpreting the song "Hero" by Mariah Carey.

19. dcv macrumors G3

LMAO!!! Please post it when you're done so I can compare it with mine...

20. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

To further clarify my position on the matter...

She may as well just walk around with no clothes on at all with her lips welded to her own butt cheeks *smooch, smooch* [​IMG]

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm gonna get beat up... but I can't help but like her older stuff; nostalgic sentimental value mostly... such as tracks from Daydream. :eek: She has quite a voice, I just feel like her music from One Sweet Day until now doesn't showcase her talent.

22. mariahlullaby thread starter macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Why do I even bother...I still don't understand why people who hate her so much are bothering to post in a thread celebrating her. :rolleyes:

Obviously, I disagree with most of the things said, but I don't feel like or need to prove you wrong. Which is why I asked haters to stay out.

23. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I actually like her music but don't think she's that attractive. I'm a sucker for some of that sappy stuff. :eek:

24. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Incredible range, great vocal control. Hot body. She seems to have a great sense for marketing as well. She had a huge string of hits got tired or the record company she was working for produced a dog of a record and a dog of a movie, and got paid to leave.

She did seem to have a bit of a breakdown there in the middle though and started acting kinda skanky. She seems to have mostly redeemed herself though.