Ok, who wants to help me get the most out of my Jailbroken iphone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by snakemajestic, Feb 27, 2011.

1. macrumors member

So I was just looking at the pictures in the thread where ppl were posting pictures of the jailbroken home screens, and some of them are awesome.

I am wondering how I can do this with mine, basically the ones that look completely different than the original layout.

Can I do this via cydia and winterboard alone?

Also, how do I pull up the status bar menu(?), I think that is what i would be called....the menu that shows processes and things like that. My buddy told me how he does on it on his 3G but I dont think it worked the same on 4. Maybe I am wrong.

Complete noob, sorry. Any help?? Please. and thank you.

2. thread starter macrumors member

And further, it seems like alot of the themes/add ons in cydia dont work on the the iphone 4...? is that a fair assumption?

3. macrumors 68030

benthewraith

I strongly recommend getting LockInfo and MyWi.

4. macrumors 68040

Post pics of some of the screens that caught your attention and some of us can probably help you out in detail.

You should install Lockinfo & Winterboard. Then experiment with specific themes or full themes that you can download from Cydia.

I've got my homescreen looking the way it does from using a combination of differ themes.

5. macrumors demi-god

iPhone1

Install biteSMS, MyWI, WeatherIcon, SBSettings and BytaFont.

6. macrumors newbie

most of the popular tweaks have been updated to support 4.1 -4.2.1.. and most even have retina support.
    You can go to Cydia and choose Themes on main screen. Then there is option to choose only iPhone 4 themes, there are alot of free ones ;)

7. macrumors member

why does everyone love biteSMS. It is a good app, it just drained my battery way to quickly. I need to at least run 8-10 hours on a charge and it was draining it to the point I could barely make 8

8. macrumors 68040

eastercat

I don't use it, but I don't text a lot either. If you're into texting, the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

9. macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I have used BiteSMS for a few years now and have never had it drain battery like you speak of.

10. macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

The most easy way forward is to install Winterboard and head over to http://www.macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=24 and look for a theme of yr liking. If you're willing to spend some time creating/requesting icon art work I recommend http://www.taptounlock.me !

SBSettings in Cydia. Theme it with the Serious SBSettings theme and you've got yrself a killer setup

And as the others have already mentioned, slam LockInfo, FaceBreak, Barrel, FolderEnhancer, FakeClockUp, MyWi and BiteSMS on there and you're going to score some of the coolest chicks in da hood. Or not....

11. macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I've been looking for a program that lets you pick and choose your own icons instead of a blanket change from a wb theme. Any programs that do this?

12. macrumors 68000

IBradMac

half of the fun in jailbreaking is in the discovery of new apps/tweaks you never knew existed. :)

13. macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Almost no 4.x compatible themes offer blanket change, aka AutoCreate/IconMask approach, at least none that look stunning enough. Read up on this and start creating or go for a theme with only system icons and start theming, again I hear myself recommend www.taptounlock.me

14. macrumors 604

labman

Take a look at mask in Cydia. Allows you to change all your icons at once. With out wb. There about 25 designs. I think it's $2

15. macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I think you're out of luck there. I've had much success downloading the theme and manually packing together my own variant using iPhone Browser. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, you're probably going to have to stick with what others have put together.

16. macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Thank you for this. I had never heard of it before. After reading the description I decided to give it a try.

17. thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the input!

So ive been messing around with different things today. I installed the HD engraved wood theme, and I like the look of it.

But Iconoclasm doesnt work on 4.2.1....weak. Any other things in cydia that I look for to personalize the layout of my apps/folders? And also, the weather widgets for the theme set the location for philadelphia, pa; while i live in PA, I dont live in Philly. ANy tips on how to change it?

Thanks again everyone.