Okami

Discussion in 'Games' started by DISCOMUNICATION, Mar 17, 2006.

1. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

I've been playing the demo for Okami the past couple of days and must say it is lots of fun. The drawing element of the controls is easy to pick up and fun to use. Not to mention how beautiful it looks, although at times, from a graphics stand point,I feel like I'm playing Narutomit Hero.
    My only complaint is that the demo is not limited by the number of levels, but the amount of time you spend playing. So if I want to explore the environment and experiment with the the brush effects on that environment I won't have any time to further the plot. I can rush through key plot points, but there is a lot of mandatory dialog at the beginning you can't skip over.
    It's also nice to see familiar elements of shinto I studied years ago.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Really looking forward to this game. This & Zelda are my two last/current? gen purchases that I HAVE to HAVE :) No release date for states yet is there?

3. DISCOMUNICATION thread starter macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

When and how

Release date is still vague, summer 06. It comes out in Japan on April 20th. You could import if you are lucky enough to own a Japanese PS2 (I own a white Japanese PSTwo) or mod /boot disc. There is a lot of dialog and explaining, but general game play shouldn't be to hard. A red arrow points in the direction you need to head if there is a specific task. Most of the time you are free to explore(no arrow). The only problem I forsee is the explanation of the brush techniques. The are 13 of them and I have only mastered 3 so far after playing what amounts to 2 levels or 3 tasks. But I'm shure there will be english walk throughs on the net within a week or 2 of the games release.
    Oh and when I say dialog I should say monolog. A lot of character talk to you. All you can do is howl. The audio isn't Japanese it's gibberish. There are word balloons for you to read.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well my ps2 is modded, so I can get my games from DVDboxoffice, like my cube ones (cheaper and get released before pal version, plus gives me 60hz)

But I will wait for a translated version because I don't want anything to lose my immersion into it..