Okay, here we go... the 'wich ipod nano thread' :)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by roisin and mac, Sep 10, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2008
    Hey guys, it looks like there isn't a thread like this on macrumors as yet, unless I missed it, so I thought I'd go first :D

Anyway, the new ipods are FINALLY here (I know, that's all news to y'all, lol), and after about three+ months of waiting, I am finally going to get myself a new music player like I've needed for a long time.

I'm sure it will be an ipod nano, but I just don;t know whether I should go for the older version, which I like for various reasons including the plesingly squat shape, or the new one, which is, well, new (need I say more?)

I suppose I could wait 'til they are both in the stores where I am and try them side by side, but I worry I won't be able to find any more of the 3G ones if I do that, and what if it turns out I like those better? Decisions, decisions!

So I thought I'd post a thread here and get some ideas on what you think of the two little guys side by side!
  2. macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2007
    personally i hate the long body because it doesn't really feel "nano".

i like the 3G version because it is actually a nano ipod.......i loved it..

but sad to say when ever apple updates the nanos i see my current one....

well its on ebay now and my 16GB black nano will be here on the 12 -16...i did overnight shipping..im so excited!!!

but i miss my Black 3G nano......
  3. macrumors G5

Aug 17, 2007
    I personally prefer the longer nanos. I didn't care for the "fatty" 3G nano. Plus the newer ones come in 16GB, so I'd say go for the 4th gen. nano.
  4. macrumors 604

Jun 20, 2005
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 3, 2008
    Good for you!!! Make sure you take unboxing pictures; I never took them with my macbook and I really regret it, so I'm always telling people to do that, but I definitely will with the ipod! And you're right, the square one does feel very nano-ish (dwarf-like). I'm also not sure I like the shakey feature, although you might be able to keep that disabled? I used to have it in this really fancy phone with a built-in music player I got a few months ago, which I hated because in spite f being so expensive, the music player part was really just a gimmick; so that may be why I feel so negative about it.

Hmm. that's a good point about the 16 gig. In principle, the more storage the better, right? But at the same time, I guess there's no need for me to be greedy, because right now, I have a 1GB player with about 12 albums' worth of music on it, and it takes me pretty far. So say I stuff it with 4 gig of music, and 2 of pics and small vids, plus one of notes and other things like that (being very generous here), I'll still have a gig left with the previous ones; not shabb by any means. So the extra storage isn't critical to what I get.

Any idea on availability of older nanos after a while (say around two weeks, which is when the store said they'd have the new nanos and I could try them)?