okay need help (can't network)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Low, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Low macrumors member

i just dl'ed the latest updates through the SU. i believe it had the latest QT, ipod updater and isight update, sorry cant remember the versions. in total it was like a 49MB download. now when i rebooted my pb12, i cannot get my pb to authenticate to my wireless network. to top it off, i cannot repair permissions on my PB12a. it says disk utility internal error.....disk utility has lots its connection with the Disk Management Tool and cannot continue. Please quit and relaunch Disk Utility. so when i quit, it closes disk utility. i only get about 1/4 of the way of repairing permissions when this happens.

i am running 10.3.9 on a pb12 rev a. no hacks on the system. anyone can give me some pointers right now?? help.

2. Low thread starter macrumors member

i just did that..now i have internet connectivity, but still cant repair permissions..anything else? thanks for the reply btw

3. Low thread starter macrumors member

okay who added cant network to my title??:(

anyway, i still cant run my disk repair without getting that error

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you keep running fsck until it came back with no changes? :)

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The mod who recognized that you'll not get the help you need with a generic thread title like "Okay need help".

Repeat after me: "Thank you, Mod".

6. Low thread starter macrumors member

thanks mod.

i will try to keep running fsck a few more times. hopefully this will rid of my problem. there are some errors in the log, but since im not on my pb right now, i cant remember but will post some updates later tonight. thanks for the help so far

7. Low thread starter macrumors member

still no luck. when i run the fsck -f. it tells me it has been modified and keeps saying its been repaired. i ran it like 4 times...still same thing

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well Apple says to keep running it until you get no modifications but I've never had to run it more than twice. Maybe try a couple more times?... :eek: