Okay, need some digital camera help...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nospleen, May 18, 2005.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Hello, I use a Canon 350 XT and I love it. My wife wants a point and shoot that takes great pics. I have narrowed it down to three choices. It is between the Olympus 8080, Canon S70, and the Canon G6. Size is not important, but image quality is. Plus, she would like to dabble with some manual settings. LMK what you all think. Thanks again!

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Is that your wife talking again? ;) :D

Anyway, congrats on the 350 - nice camera. I just got the Rebel XT myself and love it. As for a Point and Shoot device, I don't have a lot of experience, but I know someone who did a lot of research and ended up with the Canon SD500, and it sounds like a nice camera (though not on your list).

I think with most cameras, image quality in terms of resolution, will be pretty similar (given the MP is the same), and the key is the image processing built into the cameras themselves. The DIGIC chip used in the Canons seems to provide excellent color fidelity without needed to play too much, which is nice.

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356