Okay OKay Ibook soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ivargas55, May 17, 2005.

  1. ivargas55 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 12, 2005
    #1
    Hi Guys I'm tired of waiting.
    But I'll wait if anyone tells me that the upgrades are worth the wait.
    I dont mind upgrading the RAM myself by customizing the G4, but will they come out with colored or widescreen ibooks soon?
    If it's unlikely can someone put my mind at ease and tell me to buy it now!?!
    Help.

    Iliana :confused: :) :rolleyes: ;) :D :cool: :eek: :mad: :(
     
  2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

    buryyourbrideau

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2005
    Location:
    Chicago
    #2
    you are going to get about 50000000 different kinds of replies on this topic.

    look at the specs and if satisfies you then buy it.

    you can never catch up to technology, when they update the i series, then they will update the power series and watch you will catch yourself kicking yourself saying why didnt i wait. just make the decision based on whats out now. if its not enough then wait, if it gets the job done then buy the darn thing.

    i am so tired of like 34834738345 threads on this topic every week! :eek:
     
  3. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

    Maxiseller

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Location:
    Little grey, chilly island.
    #3
    (laughs)

    There really are so many threads on the front page about these ibook/powerbook buying guides in particular.

    My advice is the same :-

    If you have the urge to buy it, buy the damn thing!! You can hesitate all your life, but what will it gain you? You have two choices; you can either satisfy yourself and watch technology increase sooner or you can make do with what you have now, struggle, and buy later.

    Me? I'm all for buying now. But then I frequently sell and buy on eBay - preferring to upgrade often. It often costs, but it does make life fun!! You cannot imagine the fun unwrapping that shiny new Powerbook...(drool & reaches for the Apple store bookmark)
     
  4. BKKloppenborg macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 2, 2005
    Location:
    La Mesa, Ca
    #4
    lol true i would also wait it has never taken apple this long to update ibooks so i would wait to see what happends unless you need it NOW...
     
  5. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

    sw1tcher

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #5
    Then go ahead and buy it and enjoy it.

    Oh the other hand, the upgrades will be worth it. Faster CPU, faster GPU with more memory (64MB?), 512MB RAM standard, larger HDD, etc.

    So, just wait.

    Probably not. So I guess that means you should buy now and enjoy it.
     

Share This Page