Okay, So I'm Confused! (distinguishing iPods)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by realtrnc, Nov 28, 2005.

1. realtrnc macrumors newbie

I've recently purchased a 30G IPOD from Sam's Club for $267 that includes video, photos, etc. and came in a box shaped like a cube. A friend also wanted to purchase one but before she could, Sams sold out. I went with her to Target where she bought the same 30G IPOD for $299 but in a flat black box. Is there any difference between these two systems and how do these units relate to either the 4th or 5th generation models?

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

It sounds like the one you bought is the 4G iPod Photo. Are you sure that is the video ipod? All of the 5G ipods come in a slim black box similar to the nano. When you compare your ipod to your friends do they look the same?

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Sounds like you purchased a 4G iPod (no video support, only picture support) and she got the new 5G video enabled iPod.

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

That's the only thing I can think of. Why do you think yours plays videos?

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The 30GB iPod pictured at samsclub.com for $269.81 is most definitely a 4G model. headphone jack on center, smaller display, and the 4G units shipped in the cube boxes. My 5G came in a flat pack like your friend's.

Does yours look like this?

http://search.samsclub.com/eclub/se...pe=simple&simplesearchfor=ipod+30GB&x=15&y=17

B