OKIPage 12i(/n) and OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by javierbds, Sep 19, 2006.

1. javierbds macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005
    Madrid, Spain
    Does anybody has this printer working with OS X (Tiger)?
    How do I install guttenprint? :confused:
  2. peck2000 macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2006
    OKIPage 12i(/n) and OS X

I have an OKIpage 12i and I've had it working with all versions of OSX up to 10.4.7 using the Generic driver ...

Sadly, it has stopped working for some reason (which is why I'm here), and I was hoping some one could help me find out the IP address of the printer so I could try connecting to it via IP protocol, as I can't connect using AppleTalk like I used to ...

Sorry I couldn't be more help

3. mherz macrumors member

Aug 11, 2004
    I am using the OKIPage 12i/n with OS X on my small local network and all works fine. The printer is connected to a wireless router with an ethernet cable, and my macbook pro can print via wireless connection. What I had to do is figure out the ip adress of the printer which I did with pinging to all addresses. There are tools to automatically ping a whole range of addresses (dont have their names at hand now, but just do a search at versiontracker) and that should return you the ip adress of the printer. Before that, you should make a status print-out at the okipage printer to give you the communication settings. (again, look in the manual for which keys to press) It might be that you have to change settings in your router. If I remember correctly, my okipage expected to be in a network configured for something like, but my router was set for So I had to change that in the router settings.
    After you have set those things to correspond, and know your ip adress, it is simple with ip-printing, entering the ip nr. and loading the printer description manually (I used the one, that I used to use back from the days of os9)
    should work, at least does with mine.