1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Oklahoma City, OK

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Mar 3, 2011.

1. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

Anyone going to the Apple Store in the Penn Square Mall in OKC?

2. macrumors 68030

gibbz

I'm thinking about it.

What time are you thinking of getting there?

3. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

Well, unless I can get out of work early I wouldn't be able to get there till 4:30ish, but in a completely unorthodox move, my wife has graciously offered to wait go there first and wait in line for me! So she might be going around 3 or so. It depends on how her good naturedness holds up ;)

4. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

I guess there will be no lines in OKC :p

5. macrumors 68030

gibbz

Yeah, I ended up deciding to order online. I have too much to do tomorrow.

Hope you get what you want :)

6. macrumors newbie

I'm considering it as well. I placed an online order, but it doesn't look like it will ship until mid- to late-next week. I think I might check out the lines around 2:30 or so.

7. macrumors 68030

gibbz

Me too. I didn't like their ship times

8. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

anybody know what the lines are like at Penn square mall so far?

9. macrumors newbie

I called an hour ago, they said about 20

10. macrumors newbie

How many iPad 2s you think our store will get?

11. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

I wish I had a crystal ball with just that information.

Considering how many best buy stores are projecting 100-200 ipad shipments, I would imagine more than that. Anything else is a guess.

12. macrumors newbie

I'll be at apple store at 3, if any of you guys are lining up right now please keep us updated with line specs

13. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

My wife just arrived! She's reporting approx 100 in line!

14. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im here now, about 100 ppl in line, they're handing out tickets, seems like they are out of att models

15. macrumors newbie

Has this been confirmed regarding the AT&T models? That will save me the trouble if true.

16. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll be there in 10 mins with my awesome iPhone tshirt!!!!!!

17. macrumors 68030

gibbz

I ordered one this morning, but thought I'd see if I could snag one.

I got to Penn Square around noon, and the line was near Dillards at the time. I was a little ticked because when I got there, an Apple employee came up and asked what I wanted (AT&T 32GB or 64GB black), and they noted it. Same for everyone else getting in line. Finally , at around 2:15 they were passing tickets out and when they got to me, they were already out of the ones I wanted. Surely they knew stock before asking us what we wanted. I wasted 2 hours there.

Luckily, on a whim, I hit the Best Buy in Norman and was about 20th in line. They got in 120 iPads. I was able to get the one I wanted. Hope you guys got what you wanted.

18. macrumors newbie

Anyone found anywhere in the OKC area with iPads in-stock? I called Penn Square this morning and got the typical "out of stock, no idea when we'll get more" answer.

I tried to get one yesterday, first at Wal-mart Penn Square where they apparently sold out before they even went on sale (they have out numbers earlier in the day). And then when I went to the Apple store they were sold out already. Bummer.

19. macrumors 68030

gibbz

Best Buys are doing reservations with a $100 deposit