Olbermann: Special comment about ‘sacrifice’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 3, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

:(

Gotta love how many of us Americans get all bothered and start talking about impeachment when a president is gettin a little somethin something from his secretary, but we just sit back and watch when a president sacrifices thousands of troops.

3. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

What a miserable state of affairs. I can't understand why anyone ever thought this was a smart thing to do.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I saw this last night, looks like George is going to ask for 20,000 more troops for his boondogle Iraq. Seems the Sacrifice is from the people,the soldiers and familys but what does George and his Dick Cheney sacrifice? anything at all? This is Stay the course and little more. Im thinking about writing my congressman again on this one and I urge others too.

We did the same kind of crap in Nam, I feel sorry for any soldier in uniform. The President is putting them in between two sides and there is no way to tell who are the bad guys and who isnt. Vietnam repeating itself brought to us by a bunch of draft dodgers.

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I particularly like:
    and
    Ouch.

I also liked where he came right out and accused Bush of selling out to war profiteers and creating a bunker mentality/police state.

If I was Ross Perot rich & crazy I'd buy some network TV time for this guy.

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Where's a zealot with a fire arm when you need them?

7. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Keith Olbermann for President

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

True dont we wish God,Satan or ET would just come down or up and grab Bush now. Has this man done anything right at all? anything?

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Where's his sacrifice? How about sacrificing those tax cuts? Or sending one of his daughters, or nephews, or nieces? Along with all those other armchair warriors and their families. This is one of those things where he's trying to sound like someone like FDR... and failing miserably. This is only going to backfire on him.

Whatever noble effort they claimed this was supposed to be about at first has long since fallen by the wayside. It's no longer worth it to most of us, never was to some. And there's pretty much nothing any of us can do about it besides be angry at those who got us into this mess in the first place and have screwed everything up along the way.

10. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

ET would be fun. Id pay to watch that:D