Olbermann-Spot on Once Again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Black&Tan, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I was only thinking this a few days ago, and here Olbermann appears to have read my mind. That our President, instead of uniting the US against the terrorists, is actually dividing America.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/...e-inaction-in-the-face-of-the-enemy-you-fear/

We are in a real crisis, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and once again, North Korea. And he's touring the country, using political rhetoric to attack anyone who doesn't share his point of view.

Divide and conquer. Isn't that what you do when you wage war against your own people?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

most double standard group of people Ive ever seen are these republican congressional people, always blaming other people, always pointing fingers, always do exactly what they verbally against. ...

3. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

4. Black&Tan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I hate how everything is spun. Its getting to the point that you don't know what to think. Perhaps that's what the politicians really want. I put more credence in what the BBC has to say, but even they are not immune to spin. All I can do is trust my ears and try to remember the different speeches, and how they contradict each other. It pains me to see the President actually spreading mistruths and polarizing the country into "us" and "them."

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Once again Keith impresses me speaking truth to power.

At least we have ONE journalist with the brains and the guts to say what so many
    people are feeling.

Bravo!

6. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

most double standard group of people Ive ever seen are these democrat congressional people, always blaming other people, always pointing fingers, always do exactly what they verbally against. ... ;)

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't forget, there's also one that speaks truthiness to power.

An odd ejaculation, considering that the current scandal involves a Republic lawmaker doing exactly what he was verbally against, and a Republic leadership who are blaming other people or "always pointing fingers".

I'm not sure how you get to the idea that Democrats are somehow worse than Republics in this area.

9. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Sadly, the majority of those working in Congress are nothing more than corporate
    implants bought and paid for by those who will benefit the most from their legislation.

The American people have become too self involved to enforce a meaningful change.

Campaign funding reforms
    Lobby reforms blocking special interests
    and new rules limiting ONE BILL, ONE ISSUE, ONE ANSWER.
    No more earmarks or dual purpose bills used to sneak in
    legislation under another title.

The system has become SO corrupt, that changing it seems overwhelming,
    but it must be done if we ever hope to get our country back.

It would also help if people weren't so foolish to believe what they are accepting as truth.

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

My point was clevin's little statement can go both ways.

11. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

That pretty much defines politics.

In reality, it's OUR fault for being too self absorbed, ignorant and complacent.

Why is it that through all these years, we simply accept the lesser of two evils?

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and mac's point is: if the republican leadership were caught eating babies in the rotunda, you'd say the dems would have done it first if they'd thought of it.

that's not interesting discussion, it's just vomit. my 7 y.o. nephew can vomit, and he has the decency to do so in private.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've said before that Olbermann's courage was really beginning to remind me of that of Edward R. Murrow.

If you have any doubt of that, just listen to Olbermann's sign-off sentence in that clip.

Go Keith!

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I like how he just stated the president is a liar. That pretty much states the facts. We have been lied to so many times by the Bush administration it just isnt funny anymore. The biggest lie he has told is that he is a christian. No one even disputes it but the democrats. I have to wonder what Jesus would think of this guy who has bombed 130,000 Iraqi's over WMDs that they couldnt find.

15. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

You must keep in mind the extent of this administration's interest in military industrial profiteering.

It dates back to WW2 with a family fortune built by Prescott Bush on the military industrial complex. oil
    and inter-related securities investments .

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz have sold out this country for their own personal interests.

Rove is their propaganda spin master, who manages to twist every fact rather effectively to distract
    the American people from what they are actually doing.

It is these people who are threatening our collective freedom more than any Middle Eastern faction
    could ever hope to.

Their actions define tyranny and empower fascism here in our own country.

Their lust for power and lust for the financial benefits of chaos has been masked by their proclaimed faith to Christian values.

They are using religion to blind the masses in the very same way that Muslim elitists are manipulating the ignorance of their own population.

All of this is about power and wealth and control of TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS that most of us will never benefit from.

Their actions have deliberately insured decades of wasteful government spending.

Mission Accomplished