Old Aiport Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nycorso, Nov 9, 2005.

1. nycorso macrumors newbie

I brought an old airport over to my moms and plugged it in but all that happens is (up at the top where the airport signal is shown) - it just flashes on then off on then off.....

When I go to Airport Setup Ass./Admin Util. - it (Airport/Network Name)does not show up in any of the Utitity programs - I've tried everything I can think of - i.e. unplugging, resetting, you name it. When I click on the Airport Signal for the drop down menu at the top - I can see the network/airport name but clicking on it doesnt get me there. Its as if it sees it then drops it, sees it then drops it. Make any sense?

Is there any solution or should I just dump this old airport and get another one.

BTW my Powerbook has the Extreme card and this is a pre-extreme airport - Could that be an issue?

Anyhow any advice would be great - otherwise I'm off to the Mac Store.

Thanks.

2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

is there a reset button on the old airport - i take it you mean - base station?
    You will need to connect to it with an ethernet cable to configure it first I would think.

3. nycorso thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Its up and running. Didnt realize that you could just plug it into the computer to re-config. Should have thought of that but then I wouldnt need this site.

Thanks again.