Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quanta

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
Colorado
i have all of these Rage 128 XClaim cards that are from an old G3 lab we dismantled. i stuck a couple in my G4, and in jaguar they work fine, but when i run 10.3, the cards aren't supported. i've tried to find the drivers from Jag to put in the 10.3 system, but it doesn't work. If there are any geeks out there who have found success with this, or who want to help me out, that would be great! i need to upgrade my own geek factor i guess.

chv400

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2003
Houston, TX
I have ant ATI Xcalim and it works in 10.3 I'm running 10.3.5 and it wors although it dont recomend it. i dissconected the monitor form it because it was hindering my computers performance since Quartz Extreme is not enabled on the XScalim it gets put on the CPU. I currently only have monitors hooked up to my ATI 7000. I enabled Quartz Extreme on it using PCI Extreme.

Mac_Max

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2004
You'll need to use the "force old NVDrivers" trick that was used on some GeForce2MXs, GeForce4MXs, & some Rage series cards to get them to work with 10.3.0. Just google it.

quanta

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
Colorado
Clarifications

Thanks guys, i'll look into force NVdrivers, but for clarification:

the cards "worked" only in 256 color and 640x480

10.3.5 is the version i tried to run

i'm new to this whole OSX thing, so i'll look into Quartz, any good links.

thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.