Old avatar appeared when I logged in

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by dartzorichalcos, Jun 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

For some reason, when I logged in a couple of minutes ago my avatar was changed to my old Isaac Newton avatar on all my posts. Only the change avatar had the current avatar I had. I logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and my avatar is back to the current avatar I have. Was this a glitch and will it repeat again?

2. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The servers are probably being prepared for WWDC, and weird quirks like this tend to happen (especially with avatars).

How long have you had the current avatar (did you switch it recently)?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

No, I didn't switch my current avatar (the Atlantean guy with green hair) to anything else.

4. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

...but when did you switch from Isaac Newton to the the Atlantean guy with green hair? Was it recently?

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

About 50 or 60 posts ago.

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

FWIW, during periods of high forum traffic, the avatars get switched over to the macrumorslive.com server. But the avatars have to be updated on that server to match the ones you normally deal with, but I don't think that had been done for a while. I think Knox has fixed it now, but don't worry about it...things like this happen rather frequently as servers get shuffled around during big events like this.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

EricNau and WildCowboy thanks for helping. :)