Old Baseball cards and Comic Books

Discussion in 'Community' started by jsarrasinjr, May 27, 2005.

1. jsarrasinjr macrumors member

I have a ton of old baseball cards and comic books, do people still collect this stuff?

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Take a look on ebay...

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

So eBay is the only viable place to sell old comics and trading cards now? I also have tons, and I also want to get rid of them... :)

4. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

i don't know much about cards, but i'm pretty sure i've seen card shops before that might be interested in buying old cards.

as far as comics, you can go ebay, you can take them to a local comic book shop and see if they want any, if you have enough, set up a booth at a comicon, or just give them to me.

5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    No by a long shot. I know a couple of comic book stores near me and there are always people with baseball cards at swap meets and the county fair.

6. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

As others have noted, eBay is not the only option, especially if you have more than a few items to sell. I would advise you to buy (or borrow) a current price guide so that you have at least a reasonable idea of what your stuff's worth.

As a side note: I sold off my entire comic collection to a collectibles dealer when I was a teenager, because I wanted some quick cash. If I'd held on to some of those books, that collection would be worth a good deal of money today. If a price guide indicates that some of your items are already worth more than you paid for them (i.e. they're already considered valuable to some degree), at least consider hanging on to them. Put 'em in a closet somewhere and forget about them if you like, just don't get rid of 'em altogether. ;)

P.S. You're not looking to sell any Batman or Deadman books drawn by Neal Adams back in the 60's or 70's, are you? ;)

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

A lot of card trading has moved to the internet, but baseball cards are still a good investment if you can get the right players.