Old games on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by kucchi, Nov 28, 2005.

1. kucchi macrumors member

Any experience so far with old Xbox games on the new Xbox 360???

2. davegoody macrumors 6502

davegoody

Got an imported 360

I got an imported (US) Xbox 360 and so far all the games I have tried worked, though i only have a few - the '360 has crashed 4 times in 3 days though - and that is playing REAL 360 games too (PGR) . . . . . in fact once when setting it up !

So far not too impressed

3. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Just another example that Nintendo is doing best keeping their mouth shut. They told the world about this a year++ before they were going to release their console, and look who first made it accessible to the public.. :rolleyes:

4. kucchi thread starter macrumors member

David,

thank you for your information! Do you have the feeling that there is a big improvement to play the old games on Xbox 360?!

Best,
    Kucchi

5. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I never experience any problem with my X360, including BC titles. I've played Halo 2 without any problem.

6. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I havn't had any problems either, played Halo 2 and Forza. Halo 2 looks better, but I can't really say Forza is any better. In fact menus have slown down in forza big time.

Never had a crash, biggest problem I've had was one online game in CoD2 where I was so laggy I couldn't shoot or walk around.

7. Vster macrumors 6502

I've played Halo and Halo 2 on the 360. Hal 2 looks better, but Halo looks as good as the Mac version, which looks better than the original Xbox version.:)

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Original Xbxo games run faster and smoother emulated on the 360 than they did natively on the Xbox.

Halo 2 does look better, and things are smoother (bringing up friends lists no longer lags at all, it comes up very smooth, and other examples).

The 360's very powerful. I hope they support DOA Ultimate soon.