Old iBook 10.0 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Ajmbc, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Ajmbc macrumors regular

I got an iBook 14.1 inch 500 mhz with OS 10.0 installed on it. I upgraded to 10.1 and the cool battery in the dock thingie was gone. It looked really cool. I wanted to know if there was a battery dockling.
    =ajmbc=

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Old iBook 10.0 Question

The battery indicator for the menu bar is still available.

Go to System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras. In there, there should be a bunch of .menu items. Find the one labeled battery and drag and drop it to the finder menu bar next to the clock. That should reinstall it. To reposition it on the menu bar (or any of the other menu extras) hold the apple key and click and drag the menu item. You can also remove the items by doing this by dragging them off the menu bar.

3. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry if that was a little confusing.... In 10.0 there was this cool little thing in the dock. It was a battery with green slime look-like stuff. It was really cool and I wanted to know if there is a thing that looks like that to put in the dock.
    =ajmbc=

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

5. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, i'm almost positive this was part of the 10.0 system. If i could get it w/o downloading any freeware..... i hate freeware..... one program destroyed my iPod. Thankfully i found out how to hack it and get the music off of it before i reformatted.
    =Ajmbc=

6. hobie macrumors member

7. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Wow.... this is a really cool program. It has that same dock icon and everything.... it even tells you the voltage and amperage of your battery!
    Thanks everyone
    =ajmbc=

8. hobie macrumors member

9. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. How do I create docklings that will work in OSX? specifically a battery dockling? How does an app like that get info from the battery? Also, my Proj builder won't run in 10.2.3...... any thoughts? are there new developer tools?
    =ajmbc=

10. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

DON'T use 10.0 developer tools for anything. There have been a TON of revisions to them. You can download them by getting a free membership at developer.apple.com.

11. Ajmbc thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, I have 10.1 developer tools. Interface Builder works fine, but Project Builder won't start. One bounce and its outa there.
    =Ajmbc=