Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys, I've got an iPhone here from 2012 that I'm no longer using. My iPad has completely replaced it.

Is there a list of ideas I can look at?

Thank you!

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
I can look up the value for you if you post the model, storage capacity and condition. I sell mine on Craigslist. It usually only takes a few hours after I post it.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Hey guys, I've got an iPhone here from 2012 that I'm no longer using. My iPad has completely replaced it.

Thank you!

Please consider donating it to charity. You wouldn't fetch much for a 2012 phone, but it could be invaluable to someone without means who is (for example) looking for a job. Just a friendly suggestion -- it's obviously your phone and your choice.

lauramayer

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016

Thank you!

I buy every year a new iPhone and every year one of my poor neighbours or the help gets my old device. So, make someone a present.

Reactions: Beachguy

BeautifulWoman_1984

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
Thanks for the replies!

I should have mentioned that I don't want to sell it and that I'm looking for a useful way to keep using it.

I'd love a way that I can keep using the iPhone!

Reactions: Sunny1990

ipulsecases

Suspended
Dec 9, 2016
DFW,Texas
try to use it as a internet monitor . You can install the Skype in the old devices , turn on the auto reply for video chat , then you can check your house anytime you use Skype ,

deano1972

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Put it in airplane mode and use it as an iPod if you don't have one, and of course it's always a back up phone in case you ever have to get your new phone repaired or something. This is what I've done with my old phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.