Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icydog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
Is this correct? My son has an old iPod Touch. He had an issue and had to restore it. In the process the ability to support the Netflix app was lost. This is what he sent me.

"Netflix and many other apps will no longer work on so 4.2 or earlier. I called Netflix and they agreed. Apple took back my iPod's functionality."

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Is this correct? My son has an old iPod Touch. He had an issue and had to restore it. In the process the ability to support the Netflix app was lost. This is what he sent me.

"Netflix and many other apps will no longer work on so 4.2 or earlier. I called Netflix and they agreed. Apple took back my iPod's functionality."

I'm pretty sure some people still use Netflix on original touches on 3.1.3 so as long as he has a copy of the app on his itunes, he should be able to sync it back on? I don't have that old of an ipod to try it on myself. If Netflix has since cut off people using old versions of the app, that's not apple's doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.