Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I have a Maintosh IIci and I have a 15 or 17 inch Apple MultiDisplay monitor thingy...(forget what exactly it is called) Well in the back of this apple monitor it is a VGA port but the wire converts the VGA to a regular Appel Monitor port. Well I have an old Macintosh IIci, if hook it up to the monitor will it work? I don't feel like lugging the monitor downstairs to find out. Also do any PC monitors work with it? I have an old Apple 13 inch in the attic but that is very heavy and gives off a lot of static electricity. So if all else fails then I will drag the Apple 13 inch form the attic and put rubber gloves on so I don't get SHOCKED to death :p Thanks in advance...:)

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
i think i'm right in saying "yes". the IIci has a DB15 port on the back, which I believe is VGA, so I would assume a PC monitor would work fine. The Apple monitor will work, but you may need an adapter from the sounds of what you're saying, and I have a couple if you need one....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.